SOUTH AFRICA: My First African Safari, Spirals With GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS

That was fantastic to read. Thank you for the details from you time in Cape Town to the hunt. What a great adventure. Thank you for the details and congratulations on all your beautiful animals.

Well done all around. Congratulations on a successful safari. Thanks for the report and pictures.

Congrats on an excellent first safari. Good shooting too. I'd say you had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Bruce

Great report and wonderful photos and trophies. Don is a true professional and a blast to hunt with. I hunted with him in June 2022 and had a fantastic time. He and I are discussing doing another hunt together in the near future

Thank you for sharing your exciting first hunt in Africa! Your report was a great read, also enjoyed your photos. Congrats on really great animals taken. The EC is a special place to hunt.

Congratulations on a fine first hunt! They rightly emphasized, "that never happens" but your shooting also helped tremendously. Spend an entire day or two tracking a wounded Kudu or Eland and your hunting opportunities go away quickly. That entire crew at game 4 africa does a great job. Beautiful trophies!!

Great write up really enjoyed reading, sure got me wishing I was on a flight to Africa right now.
That is a great bushbuk ram and many othe great animals. The spiral horns are some of my favorite.
Im sure there will be many more great trips for you to share with us in the future.
Thanks for sharing!
MS

Really enjoyed your hunt report. You had a great first safari and I am sure you started planning your second about the time the plane door closed on the way home. (Been there and done that)
When a bushbuck hunt comes together on the first day you need to thank the Goddess of the hunt.

What a great safari, thank you for taking us along. Wik run a great operation, and everyone at G4A are very knowledgeable and wonderful to be around. I didn't hunt with Don, but he picked me up at the airport and we bonded immediately, he is a wealth of knowledge. I hunted with Wik, and he has eagle eyes, oh and I tested his patience twice. I couldn't see the bushbuck or kudu in the mountains. LOL.

I'm planning on heading back next year, and we are thinking of spending a couple of days in cape town on the way out. Do you mind if I PM with some questions? Thank you!

What a great safari, thank you for taking us along. Wik run a great operation, and everyone at G4A are very knowledgeable and wonderful to be around. I didn't hunt with Don, but he picked me up at the airport and we bonded immediately, he is a wealth of knowledge. I hunted with Wik, and he has eagle eyes, oh and I tested his patience twice. I couldn't see the bushbuck or kudu in the mountains. LOL.

I'm planning on heading back next year, and we are thinking of spending a couple of days in cape town on the way out. Do you mind if I PM with some questions? Thank you!
Of course, PM away! I owe you for recommending G4A so highly when I asked.

I had a few moments myself getting good sight picture on long shots while trying to find the animals in the bush. Thank goodness Don’s a good whistler which helped keep the animals there

Congrats on an excellent first safari. Good shooting too. I'd say you had a great time. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Bruce
Thank you sir! It was a trip that created great memories, and now I’ll easily remember all the details because I wrote them in the report!

That is a monster old Nyala in your profile pic, where’d you get him?

That is actually a Forest Sitatunga that I got in the Congo last year. It does look a lot like a Nyala at first look. I wrote a fairly long report on that hunt here on AH.
Bruce

That is actually a Forest Sitatunga that I got in the Congo last year. It does look a lot like a Nyala at first look. I wrote a fairly long report on that hunt here on AH.
Bruce
Ah! I’ll hunt up that report and give it a read. Thanks.

Fantastic write up and wonderful hunt. I hate reading these reports as much as I love reading them. I have to finish my last of 5 kids weddings this year in Portugal, then my Africa funds can rebuilt. We went to SA two years ago and my itch is unavoidable. Again big congratulations!

Congratulations on a great Safari, and than you for sharing it, nice write up on it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OUCIsis169

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.