SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Boss Safaris?

poco

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mexico, Canada,USA, Spain, Morocco
We been seesawing between Zimbabwe, RSA Limpopo, Namibia capri for a buffalo hunt ( with additional of opportunity ) in 2025
and talked with Wayne @ Boss and requested referances but haven’t heard a response yet
has anyone hunted with boss ?
it’s my first safari and my buddy 2nd and he has been asking me about references on boss ( a sponcer here)
TIA

Anyone?
we still haven’t gotten a response from boss safaris, trying to reach him has seemed difficult

References from the outfitter are useless. Cherry picked clients.

Unless you know them personally I wouldn’t trust someone else’s opinion that much.

References from the outfitter are useless. Cherry picked clients.

Unless you know them personally I wouldn’t trust someone else’s opinion that much.
I think checking references adds a lot of value depending on the questions you ask and the references you ask for. I look for consistency in answers, not just they recommend the outfitter. I also try to ask for all the previous season’s clients.

I think checking references adds a lot of value depending on the questions you ask and the references you ask for. I look for consistency in answers, not just they recommend the outfitter. I also try to ask for all the previous season’s clients.
I see the point in asking around and especially asking here if someone has hunted or at least heard of.

But say Boss safaris does get back to him- and say “ya, give this guy a call” and slides op a number to ring

Useless in my opinion. Lots of confirmation bias in the safari world.

Hunt reports are a great source of information.

I see the point in asking around and especially asking here if someone has hunted or at least heard of.

But say Boss safaris does get back to him- and say “ya, give this guy a call” and slides op a number to wring.

Useless in my opinion. Lots of confirmation bias in the safari world.
They are a sponsor here. They haven’t been seen since Feb 20, interesting that was also their last Facebook/instagram posting. Hopefully everything is alright with them.

How long has it been since you asked them for the list? References should be at their fingertips. Personally, I’d walk away if it has been more than a couple of weeks. If a provider is slow to respond to a prospect, they won’t be responsive when you are a booked client.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiShiels

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.