Some not so common Handguns

No Webleys of the British Empire?
I’ve got two both decommissioned, one a webley .32 carried by my great grandfather during the boer war and ww1 the other is a .455 that was shaved and fead a steady diet of factory .45acp for years until I got ahold of it. Father used it as a kill gun in the slaughter house.
IMG_1077.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_6828.jpeg

Sorry for the bad picture but it is what I had on my phone. This is Clark Custom 6” Long slide built by Jim Clark Sr. Very accurate 1911. This was built back I believe in the 60’s when Jim welded the slides together. It is the only one I have personally seen. Came with a set of wooden bullseye grips as well.

I have a few uncommon handguns.

Here is one of my .577 Eley/Boxer Revolvers & Webley No4 in .476/.455 .

My Webley No4 .476 & .577 Eley .jpg

Top one is a 500 Linebaugh built by John Linebaugh, then a 45 Colt conversion off a small frame frame flat top by David Clements Dall Sheep stocks, then the same 500L with a 475 Linebaugh also by John L, and then the little octagon barreled boomer is a 475 Linebaugh by Dustin Linebaugh.

The birds head gripped gun is a Texas Longhorn Arms Border Special.
Those are great sixguns built by very talented smiths.

COUPLE OF COLT SAA "STOREKEEPERS" 4" NO EJECTOR. FACTORY IVORY. 1 IS 100YR ANNIVERSARY EDITION, JUST FOR LOOKIN. OTHER WE HAD A 45ACP CYLINDER INSTALLED FOR SHOOTIN.
IMG_0601.jpg

View attachment 605557
Bought this at an auction, primarily because it would look cool amongst all the gun paraphernalia in a curio cabinet and partly because it was a pistol that a friends great grandfather had given him as a gift when he was a young boy. He had no attachment to it but I wanted to be able to pass it to my boys knowing that it was passed to their grandfather by their great, great grandfather which had came by wagon train out west.
I am far from knowledgeable on guns of this era, all I know is that it is in piss poor shape, and is a 1861Colt Navy Pistol, serial No. 8994, 32 caliber, manufactured in 1862. Thought it also belongs in this thread.

I would get a Colt book and look for info . I could ask a collector I know about advice for you about it , but I won’t be seeing him not at least until next month . He knows Colt by heart and blood

I would get a Colt book and look for info . I could ask a collector I know about advice for you about it , but I won’t be seeing him not at least until next month . He knows Colt by heart and blood
I’ve found a lot of information about the model, what I’d love to know is the story the gun could tell. It is a neat little gun but not in any shape to be any interest to anyone besides as a curio

Few more of interest for folks that like wheel guns. First is a partial group of old model Ruger 45 Colt Blackhawks, two being factory lettered as shipping with brass grip frames. It’s an older photo, so the sampling has more than doubled in size along with a longer barreled factory brass framed gun and a consecutive serial number I literally happened upon Being smart and keeping all my BKH44 serial numbers on my phone. I might have had a problem with this model for a bit which thankfully subsided.

the next group photo are all Linebaugh built guns, the outer ring by John and the little center boomer by Dustin. A couple of those pictured have gone off to new owners to enjoy.

IMG_3229.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The stainless octagon barreled gun is a custom 5-shot conversion Alan Harton with Single Action Service built for me.

Blued and color case hardened is another custom by David Clements, as is the 44spl conversion with silver grip frame. And the cute little 327 mag with ovate/ribbed barrel is a total custom by Hamilton Bowen.

Dont get me started on ultralight sheep rifles. lol

IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3230.jpeg
IMG_3232.jpeg
IMG_3234.jpeg

The stainless octagon barreled gun is a custom 5-shot conversion Alan Harton with Single Action Service built for me.

Blued and color case hardened is another custom by David Clements, as is the 44spl conversion with silver grip frame. And the cute little 327 mag with ovate/ribbed barrel is a total custom by Hamilton Bowen.

Dont get me started on ultralight sheep rifles. lol
We seem to have the same taste in revolvers, I also suffered a serious bout with old model Blackhawk’s, specifically flattops. I’d love to have a John linebaugh built gun. Dave Clement’s and Alan harton turn out beautiful guns as well. Are all of the linebaugh built guns in 475 or 500? I don’t think I saw any maximum frames.

We seem to have the same taste in revolvers, I also suffered a serious bout with old model Blackhawk’s, specifically flattops. I’d love to have a John linebaugh built gun. Dave Clement’s and Alan harton turn out beautiful guns as well. Are all of the linebaugh built guns in 475 or 500? I don’t think I saw any maximum frames.
I’ve had one 500L Long or maximum. It wasn’t one I personally ordered but found through an online dealer 12-13 years ago. I wasnt a huge fan of the stainless cylinder, but was such a great deal I couldn’t pass it up. That said, I like to shoot too much for the Longs and extended range sessions were simply not smart. There is a reason why Hamilton Bowen quit taking orders for them years ago. He personally shoots every gun he makes and would rather not shoot another long. “Long“ story short, someone else now enjoys this one.

IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3255.png

Not counting my muzzleloaders, this would be my favorite "handgun", especially for home defense (and when suppressed).
View attachment 605532
Hunting them that be hunting you...
It became apparent, all too late, that the nefarious individuals had selected their target poorly.

Few more of interest for folks that like wheel guns. First is a partial group of old model Ruger 45 Colt Blackhawks, two being factory lettered as shipping with brass grip frames. It’s an older photo, so the sampling has more than doubled in size along with a longer barreled factory brass framed gun and a consecutive serial number I literally happened upon Being smart and keeping all my BKH44 serial numbers on my phone. I might have had a problem with this model for a bit which thankfully subsided.

the next group photo are all Linebaugh built guns, the outer ring by John and the little center boomer by Dustin. A couple of those pictured have gone off to new owners to enjoy.

View attachment 605816View attachment 605817
Bisley grip and hammer and banded front sight is as sexy as it gets for me.
Sadly theese are made of unoptanium for germans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TobiasStor

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.