Replica ivory tusks

I have tusks at Collette's as well. They are done and just waiting on shipment right now. They were excellent in communications. Will post pics when they arrive. Mine was from Zim as well taken with CM safaris. The cost was very similar to what Don posted above

How long was the wait at Collette's?

Who has used this service and can you share photos and anything you learned from doing it? I'm considering that as an option for a hunt next month as it could take a long time to get ivory imported. Who would you recommend for making these? I will be hunting in Zim.
after reading, seeing and investigation i will be using Collett’s for my elephant tusks this April. they seem to be the best in my opinion.

Does anyone used someone in Namibia for making replicas or knows a taxidermist in Namibia that makes replicas?

I got replicas done as we can’t import elephant products into Oz. Mine aren’t a direct mold of my tusks but similar weight and finished to replicate mine from pics.

IMG_1830.jpeg
IMG_7537.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone used someone in Namibia for making replicas or knows a taxidermist in Namibia that makes replicas?
I just had some made at Kings Taxidermy in Okovorongo. They also did my mounts

I got replicas done as we can’t import elephant products into Oz. Mine aren’t a direct mold of my tusks but similar weight and finished to replicate mine from pics.
Love your bantengs!

Who has used this service and can you share photos and anything you learned from doing it? I'm considering that as an option for a hunt next month as it could take a long time to get ivory imported. Who would you recommend for making these? I will be hunting in Zim.
In my research Collets in Bulawayo is the best. their replicas can match your bulls exact weight per side complete with Ivory number stamps on each tusk. That is who I am using from my hunt in Zim this past week

In my research Collets in Bulawayo is the best. their replicas can match your bulls exact weight per side complete with Ivory number stamps on each tusk. That is who I am using from my hunt in Zim this past week
^^this

I just had some made at Kings Taxidermy in Okovorongo. They also did my mounts
Thanks. Do you have a picture and what kind of replica do they make, fiberglass? If you want you could also shoot me a DM.

Looking for some options for next year.

Can you provide us your costs please? I just dropped mine off there and it would be of great help. Thanks!!!
Agreed...it would be great for several of us to see the costs if you don't mind sharing. Thanks. This is also a great way to capture the memory of non-trophy ivory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.