Priciest Hunts in the WORLD

NickyMaz

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA, SCI, RMEF, Wild Sheep Foundation
What is the most expensive hunt in the world? What's the most expensive you've seen advertised?

Here's my entry for the priciest North American hunt: Desert Bighorns on Tiburon Island http://www.sonoradarkhorn.com/prices.html

Post your priciest hunts.

sonora.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen rhino hunts advertised for $125000. :Wtf::Wtf::Wtf::Hungover: As awesome as it would be to hunt a rhino I think that's the one I may never get.

The most expensive hunt is the one with little to no game and you don't get a shot opportunity. Doesn't matter how much you pay for it

The desert sheep is a prime example: if you build a conservation habitat with big sheep...hunters will come.;)(y)

I enjoy watching the sheep on TV, I will never be able to hunt them but that is ok too.

Bongo can be right up there in price but, if you wanted to hunt bull elephant with some outfit that charges according to the weight of the ivory, an exceptionally huge tusker could possibly cost enough to shock the average working man/woman.

Seeing prices like that for sheep hunts helped sparked my interest in hunting in Africa. On a family vacation out in the Western US my son and I were talking about how nice it would be to go hunting big horn sheep. So when we returned I looked it up and saw how expensive it was. So I started thinking if I was going to spend that kind of money I would go do my ultimate dream of hunting in Africa. So out of curiosity I looked how much it would cost. To my surprise it was way more attainable than I ever imagined and bargain compared to those sheep hunts.

The desert sheep is a prime example: if you build a conservation habitat with big sheep...hunters will come.;)(y)

I enjoy watching the sheep on TV, I will never be able to hunt them but that is ok too.

Try aoudad. It is an exotic, so no sheep tag. Costs about $4000. Canada is where to go for “bargain” sheep. Montana bighorns cost around 400k. Houbara is most expensive. Mule deer in antelope state park is 800k. Black rhino:200kto 350 k so far.

800k for mule deer??!!!

Antelope Island State Park Mule Deer
Only two mule deer permits are issued each year to hunt in Utah’s Antelope State park, which makes this an elite hunting experience. The hunting is so good that Canadian hunter Troy Lorenz has spent $800,000, at two separate auctions, to be able to hunt the biggest mule deer in North America. In 2015, he bagged a massive 231-inch buck.

If you are lucky enough to get to a permit for this hunt, park officials will guide your stalk in November. Bring along warm clothing — we like SITKA Big Game Systems — since the average temperature hovers between 28 and 50 degrees that time of year.

Try aoudad. It is an exotic, so no sheep tag. Costs about $4000. Canada is where to go for “bargain” sheep. Montana bighorns cost around 400k. Houbara is most expensive. Mule deer in antelope state park is 800k. Black rhino:200kto 350 k so far.
You are exactly right. Bang for the buck aoudad is the best sheep deal out there. My aoudad hunts are $4400 all in all inclusive and its one hellava hunt. @BWH has hunted Aoudad with me and I think he'll back me up on that.
IMG_3623.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG
328CC52D-7E9C-4DC2-A3C6-C56393B7345E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wondering what the cost of an Ibex hunt in one of the 'stans would be.

Idk. Probably a lot. Although a couple of years ago we had a fella advertise one of the “Stan’s” for Ibex and Marco Polo. Really it wasnt near as bad as I thought it would be. If I remember correctly it was like 12k for Ibex and like 25k for Marco Polo. Don’t quote me on that but that’s what I seem to remember. There are some hunt reports from that dude on here somewhere and I think in each instance everyone was successful and had a good hunt.

Ibex is a pretty cheap mountain hunt seems like 6k to 8k will do it.

Reactions: BWH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgareitIcesk

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.