Politics

Plain talk with a measure of professionalism and good arguments that were well articulated.

Last edited:
News Flash
You may not have heard this yet, so let me be the first to post.
This morning Joe Biden called me and asked me to stop the war in Ukraine. Find a solution that everyone was happy with (almost)
So it's done....it's over. Here's what I did. I took the $61 billion dollars and gave half of it to Putin. I also promised him that Ukraine would never join NATO and that the Donbas region could again use their language, vote, open their radio stations and that they would not be bombed. He got guaranteed use of warm water ports (two) for ever, as long as Ukraine border was sacrosanct. The West agreed to closer ties to Russia and to incorporate them into the World and stop the continuous sanction/villain model.
Zalendkyy got the other half of the money to help build Ukraine, pay off some debt, pacify some oligarchs. He got a return to original Ukraine boundaries including Crimea. He was required to allow political opposition, kick out the CIA, and work on the rampant corruption. He agreed to never join NATO but could pursue EU membership.
Now Vlad is happy, and told the Motherland that he won, we paid of him to leave, and he got his ports.
Pres Z is happy, he got his Country back. The US is happy, it is done funding the forever war. Ukraine can rebuild.
Europe has to admit that the threat of Russian invasion and reestablishment of the Soviet Union is BS. Russia has an economy EXACTLY the same size as Mexico. They couldn't even defeat Ukraine, let alone Europe. Ya, Europe WILL be invaded. It will come from North Africa and the Middle East.
No more families and boys need to die.
Oh, Ya.....and I ended the threat of imminent nuclear war.
No need the thank me. Just send a couple of free safari coupons. Maybe a deer tag. Stay safe, think for yourself.

FWB
I’m just wondering how Brandon remembered your phone number? Maybe he had it written on the back of his hand with a sharpie? LOL

Plain talk with a measure of professionalism and good arguments that were well articulated.
He made my day when he told that idiot protestor to shut up. Damn near fell out of my chair laughing.

The unfortunate truth is. If Reagan was running for president. He would be vilified just like Trump. Liberals hated him too. They hated him as governor and president.
That is absolutely true, but setting aside Iran-Contra, he was pretty good at not giving them any real ammunition. And unlike Trump, he had the goodwill of the majority of the American people. Many forget in 84 - his second term - he won 49 states, 525 electoral votes, and nearly 60% of the popular vote.

Trump may well win in November, but I would be surprised if he has the "good will" of 35% of the American people. Those that will give him victory will be those who vote for him as a lesser of two bad choices. That is a very different electorate for the democrat party to try to influence.

Even fair minded democrats liked Reagan.
But liberals hated him.
And maligned him as a fool from Hollywood.

Man if we could only have that “fool” back in the Whitehouse now. Even as he eventually slipped mentally from Dementia. he would still be better than our choices now

If Reagan was alive today the leftist communists and RINOs would be trying the same crap they are trying with Trump, or would be trying with any front runner of the GOO against their god Biden…..

If Reagan was alive today the leftist communists and RINOs would be trying the same crap they are trying with Trump, or would be trying with any front runner of the GOO against their god Biden…..
Actually, if Reagan was running today those on the far right would be calling him a RINO and part of the swamp. He had a lot more common with Haley than he had with Trump. A turtling isolationist politician he was not.

Didn’t say he was. However if you think the left wouldn’t be doing exactly to him what they are doing to Trump you are sadly mistaken.

Didn’t say he was. However if you think the left wouldn’t be doing exactly to him what they are doing to Trump you are sadly mistaken.
They tried but he deflected it instead of getting butt hurt, childish and narcissistic. Surely you remember Sam Donaldson? It was nasty back then too. Always has been nasty but he handled it better.

The point is they would not be able to do so. Reagan had popularity levels that made him essentially immune to the far left. When you win 58.9% of the popular vote that provides enormous political capital. Sam Donaldson, the critical press primary éminence grise, was little more than an annoying mosquito due to that popularity.

Trump is entirely different. The people that actually like him represent only about 35% of his own party much less the total voting population. Even if he wins in November, he will have little real political capital. The press will continue its unrelenting attacks and the majority of the voting public will be neither surprised nor outraged.

Had it not been for one Lt. Col. USMC, things would have ended differently…..

President Reagan, the Great Communicator:

Debate: with Mondale https://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1844704_1844706_1844612,00.html

"I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent's youth and inexperience," Ronald Reagan quipped during the 1984 presidential debates when asked if, at 73, he is too old to be President. The line — a classic example of Reagan's sense of humor — even solicited a laugh from Democratic opponent Walter Mondale.

Computation of Reagan's humor during speeches (43 minutes total time) :

Ronald Reagan used humor to deflect insults and forge alliances with Democrats like Speaker of the US House of Representatives, Tip O'Niell.

As for today;
Biden cannot articulate a complete sentence.
Trump insults everyone and everything other than himself.

News Flash
You may not have heard this yet, so let me be the first to post.
This morning Joe Biden called me and asked me to stop the war in Ukraine. Find a solution that everyone was happy with (almost)
So it's done....it's over. Here's what I did. I took the $61 billion dollars and gave half of it to Putin. I also promised him that Ukraine would never join NATO and that the Donbas region could again use their language, vote, open their radio stations and that they would not be bombed. He got guaranteed use of warm water ports (two) for ever, as long as Ukraine border was sacrosanct. The West agreed to closer ties to Russia and to incorporate them into the World and stop the continuous sanction/villain model.
Zalendkyy got the other half of the money to help build Ukraine, pay off some debt, pacify some oligarchs. He got a return to original Ukraine boundaries including Crimea. He was required to allow political opposition, kick out the CIA, and work on the rampant corruption. He agreed to never join NATO but could pursue EU membership.
Now Vlad is happy, and told the Motherland that he won, we paid of him to leave, and he got his ports.
Pres Z is happy, he got his Country back. The US is happy, it is done funding the forever war. Ukraine can rebuild.
Europe has to admit that the threat of Russian invasion and reestablishment of the Soviet Union is BS. Russia has an economy EXACTLY the same size as Mexico. They couldn't even defeat Ukraine, let alone Europe. Ya, Europe WILL be invaded. It will come from North Africa and the Middle East.
No more families and boys need to die.
Oh, Ya.....and I ended the threat of imminent nuclear war.
No need the thank me. Just send a couple of free safari coupons. Maybe a deer tag. Stay safe, think for yourself.

FWB
It might just work if Russia got Crimea too, or half of it. Finland and Sweden were an immense victory for NATO, don't bee too greedy.

If the above Reagan humor wasn't enough, here are
"41 Enduring, Inspiring (and Funny) Quotes From Ronald Reagan 'The Great Communicator'" brought more than his love of jellybeans to the White House. He brought a mastery of communicating that has rarely been matched.

Great communicators have a way of capturing our imagination, triggering our participation, and making us see things in a new way–even if we don’t agree with it. These great speakers are also good at making us laugh. Ronald Reagan hit all of the bases. Relive and remember some of his greatest hits:
  1. The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.
  2. I want you to know that I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purposes, my opponent’s youth and inexperience.
  3. Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book.
  4. Man is not free unless government is limited.
  5. It’s true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
  6. Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
  7. Entrepreneurs and their small enterprises are responsible for almost all the economic growth in the United States.
  8. They say the world has become too complex for simple answers. They are wrong.
  9. The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.
  10. Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
  11. As government expands, liberty contracts.
  12. There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.
  13. We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much.
  14. I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.
  15. We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
  16. Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
  17. Heroes may not be braver than anyone else. They’re just braver 5 minutes longer.
  18. Status quo, you know, is Latin for ‘the mess we’re in’.
  19. Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don’t have that problem. My favorite... :)
  20. A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.
  21. Recession is when your neighbor loses his job. Depression is when you lose yours. And recovery is when Jimmy Carter loses his.
  22. We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we will always be free.
  23. It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
  24. Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem. It isn’t so much that liberals are ignorant. It’s just that they know so many things that aren’t so.
  25. The federal government did not create the states; the states created the federal government.
  26. America is too great for small dreams.
  27. The future doesn’t belong to the light-hearted. It belongs to the brave.
  28. When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.
  29. Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the U.S. was too strong.
  30. To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last – but eat you he will.
  31. Don’t be afraid to see what you see.
  32. Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
  33. I have wondered at times what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the US Congress.
  34. Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
  35. No government ever voluntarily reduces itself in size. Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth!
  36. Thomas Jefferson once said, ‘We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.’ And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying.
  37. A people free to choose will always choose peace.
  38. Surround yourself with great people; delegate authority; get out of the way.
  39. Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
  40. I’ve always believed that a lot of the trouble in the world would disappear if we were talking to each other instead of about each other.
  41. Never let the things you can’t do stop you from doing what you can.

Last edited:
Sadly, many of the same strategists, both military and political, continue to make decisions and recommendations based upon the self-deluded view and analysis of the First Gulf War… :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martlee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?