Politics

Build a simple expanded metal. Well grounded faraday cage over it. Works for lightning, CME’s and EMP. There are also devices to protect your whole house from EMP and CME’s

So a $3-400 little black box device would magically protect any vehicle, home, generator against any and all electromagnetic surges? If the solution is such a cheap and easy device, why wouldn't every vehicle come standard with one? Or any kind of mayor piece of equipment for that matter? DHS could just mandate it for all vehicles.

Question for our military men: have you ever seen such a device on any of the vehicles?

I'm a bit sceptical to be honest... although I'd love this to be real.

Last edited:
Vertigo, the military has done extensive testing.

There is a Mil-standard for protection.
Critical military equipment has been protected for years

This video is not the best produced. And it takes a few minutes. But explains this subject well

Last edited:
So I’ve listened to the EMP Shield marketing pitch. What they don’t address is, what if the grid goes down before the pulse hits your place. They talk about backup generators, but the reality is that a backup generator will not switch on anywhere near the speed at which the pulse occurs, so is the shield down at that point? Solar is mentioned, but what is the solar/battery system required to support the shield?

Wab, a fault taming device. Or arrester of any kind does not need to be powered. It simply provides a better path to ground than the system it’s protecting.

electricity which is all an EMP pulse is. Will always follow the path of least resistance. Just like water. If you give electricity a good ground that’s where it wants to go. It’s as simple as that.

Where this device stands out from the rest. Is how fast it can direct the path to ground. Most devices allow too much leakage and equipment is still damaged.

It’s a more complicated version of lightning rods on a barn. If the rods do not have a very good low resistance path to ground they don’t work.

Many lightning rods on old Barns used 1/0 copper wire all the way to the ground

This thing may work. I am quite dated now. A decade since I left the defense industry. I’ll simply say shielding a Bradley, for instance, was rather complex.

Red Leg, I feel the same way. When I talk to younger guys still active in the group I worked in.
Some things will stay the same. And some areas have drastically changed. Some good. Some, ???

Looks like he made himself putins lapdog.....

Share Message - Tucker Carlson: Putin takes charge as TV host gives free rein to Kremlin
All the true leading international journalists in the west have been trying to interview Putin since this war began. He chooses Tucker. :unsure:

I tried to watch it. He might as well have been interviewed by one of the fawning propagandists at R1 as he gave his lecture of his version of Russian history. Both studiously ignored the inconvenient truth that Ukraine had been an independent country for more than a generation.

Tucker is not a reporter. He really isn't a journalist in the common usage of the term. He is an editorialist, and has a narrative to sell. With respect to Ukraine, he and Putin are selling the same narrative.

Last edited:
This thing may work. I am quite dated now. A decade since I left the defense industry. I’ll simply say shielding a Bradley, for instance, was rather complex.
Correct! "Shielding" electronics is complicated and often expensive.

As @Altitude sickness pointed out, a Faraday Cage should shunt EMP voltage to ground.
The EMP shield device seems that it would protect discreet electronic components such as integrate circuits (chips) on circuit boards. An unshielded electronic device would allow the EMP pulse to pass through the device housing and into the entire area of the circuit board.

The device housing/case needs to shunt (pass) static and EMP voltage to ground.

1707487091824.png

The big black square components are ICs. Notice how many terminals enter each chip. Those are each an open door/raceway for an EMP pulse to enter the chip! I still can't understand how an add on electronic EMP protection device could protect those ICs from an EMP pulse.

Last edited:

I watched the videos but I am still skeptical of this device's effectiveness for an unshielded device. Any consumer device that is susceptible to a high voltage static discharge can't be shielded from an EMP without an external shield.

I have no doubt they are claiming this. Nowhere in that page is any explanation of how one of these little devices with three or four wires sticking out of it shields or protects a circuit board much less a platform with dozens, even hundreds of them.

I watched the videos but I am still skeptical of this device's effectiveness for an unshielded device. Any consumer device that is susceptible to a high voltage static discharge can't be shielded from an EMP without an external shield.
Nor any military platform for that matter.

Reactions: WAB
Regarding Faraday Cages to shield signal: Its actually a feature in some newer affluent homes to have a cage around the dining room. I saw a video on it once, just copper chicken wire under the drywall.

Purpose: No cell phones work at the dinner table.

I wonder if they are strong enough to be an EMP shield as well?

It’s like most armor. It can be defeated. But it does work.

It’s basic electricity and physics. Electricity also wants the fastest least resistance to go back to the earth. Give it a better path than going into the system you are protecting and it flows that way. EMP pulse is relatively low voltage and amplitude

One comment from the Putin lecture that is typical of the rest of it. Did you know that World War II was the fault of Poland? Those dastardly Poles dared refuse the totally reasonable request of Adolf Hitler to give up the city of Gdansk. Putin did not go into the minor detail that the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany not only had drawn up a non-aggression pact, but that they had jointly drawn up a war plan for the seizure and partition of Poland which they initiated in September 1939. As a by product of that conquest, the Soviets executed 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Forrest. Tucker of course nodded sagely through this startling rewrite of history.

I'm not going to comment on an EMP, because either DoD is doing its job, or it is not. And I spent enough time in the DoD to know the most likely scenario there.

Of course, I'll also mention that I will find it somewhat ironic that my Land Rover will end up with the "most reliable" award, because it does not have a circuit board. But I digress.

But I'm commenting here to tell of a campfire game we once played... it was the opposite of the early adopter game. That is to say: How far back in time could you comfortably live, if you had to live without the technology?

Typewriters instead of word processors were good... and we all knew how to write in cursive, so we had that going for us.

Gore-tex is great. Can you still wax canvas?

The first guy fell out when he realized he knew how to deal with fuel injection, but could not adjust a carburetor. Another realized he did not know how to adjust points, or measure dwell.

The conversation went on. Take away the cars... can you ride a horse?

Several of us were woodworkers... but only two could prepare a board with hand planes, not using a jointer or a planer.

The conversation went on... Several adult beverages were enjoyed. It was a good self check: we say we are self-reliant, but are we?
@SaintPanzer

That campfire might have been at a cabin in the Schwarzwald?

Glad to see you up & about...

Otherwise, yep, how self-reliant are we?

Remember the E1 phase of the pulse lasts only a fraction of one second. The E1 is what does the damage.
Arc flashes or similar damaging amperage is measured in time and distance. The longer the exposure the more dangerous

The EMP shield is unique in the speed it can redirect the E1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRTMyron36

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!