Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo, South Africa; Omay, Zimbabwe; Czech Republic; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
I watch a lot of Africa hunting videos on Youtube. I came across this one and honestly not sure if this outfit is a sponsor (I doubt it as I did see a few threads about problems around 2014) and don't know if these hunters are AH members. I'm not sure if they were unaware of how Africa hunts go and thought this was normal, or have been and don't care but this was everything that gives "hunting" a bad name IMO. I haven't watched all the videos from this outfit but there was at least another one that had a few more minor issues as I see it but nothing of this magnitude.

I'll let it speak for itself- maybe fast through the non-hunting stuff but have you to watch ALL the hunts.

Motshwere Safari

Geez. I don't get how someone finds that fulfilling if that's the correct word. It certainly isn't challenging. Nothing close to fair chase.

I like where he had another arrow ready in case the buffalo charged him........

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that’s about as unsporting as it gets!!! Pure harassment especially the Buffalo. So much for a quick clean kill. I don’t even want the animals I shoot to even know I’m in the same country!

It was definitely chase but nothing fair about it!!

WOW!!! I am so glad to hear that all Safaris aren't like that. That was one of my fears when deciding to go. Those Buffalo never had a chance in what looked like half acre plots.

The sheer lack of intellect, capturing it on video and putting it out there for the entire non- or anti-hunting world to learn what it means to hunt....

Wow! The buffalo "shoot" from a truck wasn't anything related to hunting that I've ever experienced. Very painful to watch.

Buffalo part was a little messed up. But I am not judging. Killing is killing.
I have shot animals from a vehicle before on my hunting club which is legal in SC. Some of those shots were harder than sitting in a deer stand with a nice shooting rest. But we don’t have fences.

It’s easy to criticize the video. The crocs are clearly released into the dams or very accustomed to being fed. You cannot stalk 15 yards on wild crocs twice. The sable were all bulls and nearly all trophies, very likely stocked at some point. Color variants are present in unnatural numbers. Fences are clearly visible. The buffalo are very use to human contact so not afraid to chase truck. Every wild buffalo I’ve seen runs at first scent of people. The CBL lion shooting is more dangerous because lions have lost fear of people as a result of being fed for 4 years prior to shooting. You need to search out a real hunt if that’s what you want. Most people would prefer a hunt just appear wild, so these outfitters continue to get plenty of business . I disagree with these practices that seem to have become acceptable to some.

Last edited:
@375Fox Sorry, I don't see taking a running shot at a buff, from a truck with a bow, AFTER the buff already "charged it", clearly while inside a small fenced enclosure where they basically corner it after chasing it, anywhere near the typical SA safari style hunt from a truck.

I have no problem with hunting from a truck. I'm from Texas, but that crossed so many lines for me.

I don't even begrudge the occasional bad shot that happens occasionally, but several of the animals literally had lower half legs blown off at 100 ish yd shots.

The croc hunts, well again it happens, I suspect to lots of folks that don't even realize those are farm cros. I have seen similar hunts from site sponsors here.

AND to all that- Maybe even I could sallow; your hunt, your style BUT Youtube? Really?? That's nothing more than an ego thing at that point. And where is the outfitter here? Apparently not only condones it, but possibly supports it.

I'm lost. This isn't about dividing the hunting community. Not about CBL. Not about rifle over bow. IMO, it's plain sloppy and a very bad image for hunters. End Rant!

AND to all that- Maybe even I could sallow; your hunt, your style BUT Youtube? Really?? That's nothing more than an ego thing at that point. And where is the outfitter here? Apparently not only condones it, but possibly supports it.

The videos are on the outfitter's YouTube channel. :rolleyes:

I am firm believer If it’s legal and someone wants to pay it, go for it, but hunting this is not.
I’m against this type of “hunting” regardless of legality. We as hunters are loosing ground to the antis. Any ammunition we can give them to support their argument is more ground lost which we can not regain.

Takes all kinds but putting it on youtube seems to be a lapse in judgement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiamhBlomf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!