NRA wayne La pierre

The charges he faced in his business valuation case were a crock. These were 100% political. However, he has been found liable in a civil trial for sexually assaulting a woman and then defaming her afterwards. There’s no doubt in my mind that he was guilty of both. He’s also charged with inciting a riot. Not the strongest case ever brought, but only an “irredeemable Trumpist” could claim there‘s nothing to these claims. His mouth gets him into trouble. I’m not a fascist nor an irredeemable liberal.

I am not sure about the business valuation case being a crock. Having a difference of opinion on value is one thing, having a difference on square footage (10,000 sq ft vs 30,000) is outright fraud, if it occurred.

One thing I haven't heard any reporters or lawyers ask about, is a comparison of Mr Trump's valuation of a property, vs the tax assessment for said property. Usually, a wise businessman will argue for a lower value assessment. It's possible, Trump was working it both ways.

Certainly she didn't intend to help the NRA; rather she initially sought to disband the organization completely. Thankfully that did not come to pass.

The questions that I have are (1) will LaPierre and Phillips actually pay back the funds? and (2) will LaPierre still benefit from some sort of "golden parachute" arrangement that predates the judgement?

Not sure that LaPierre ever was a "gun guy." Might be more accurate to describe him as a lobbyist who found a cash cow and rode it until it collapsed.

As I understand it, there are four petition candidates: Judge Journey, Rocky Marshal, Jeff Knox, and Dennis Fusaro. Journey seems a solid fellow, and as noted above is one of the whistleblowers. Jeff Knox is the son of the late Neal Knox, who needs no introduction. I am not familiar with the other two but am willing to chance a vote on them.

I wonder whether Oliver North could be enticed back onto the board and into the fray as a write-in candidate? I'm sure that he has a bad taste in his mouth from his short tenure as President, but perhaps he would be willing to put things right with the proper backing on the Board.
1. It is now up to the judge for force them pay back the money.
2. The 2021 Employment Agreement which superseded the one with the $17 million golden parachute provides a clause to pay LaPierre $500,000 a year if they use his name, likeness, or signature. It is only good for 2 years and the NRA does not have to exercise that option.
3. Wayne was NOT a gun guy.
4. Rocky Marshall is very good. He was the president of a Baker Hughes (oil services) subsidiary and now runs his own company making specialized bumpers for trucks in Texas. He was on the board but not re-nominated. He tried to intervene in the NY trial while a board member on behalf of the members. I don't know much about Dennis Fusaro but do plan to vote for him.

He didn't make millions a year in salary. It was only the last couple years he broke 1m in actual comp.

Edit: I am wrong, checked the 990's, it was further back than I thought.
:)

When I was 19yoa, I scraped up the $200 to become an NRA Life Member. I have given donations to the NRA here and there over the years. Then, when the story broke on 60 minutes several years ago about Wayne and his wife's luxurious spending on member's donations, I immediately stopped any further donations and WILL NOT give the NRA a dime until this shakes out. Like many other NRA members, I feel really betrayed.

Most people think that the NRA is just a lobbying group for "big firearm" manufacturers, but they are SO much more than that.

(I'm a NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Handgun Instructor, Rifle Instructor, and Level II Shotgun Coach)

It was well past time that Wayne should have gone.

American gun owners need a consolidated organization, rather than 100 with 1,000 members each.

I would like to see the Board of Directors be reprehensive of the membership.

WE COULD MAKE IT HAPPEN, IF WE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO VET THE PEOPLE AND CAST OUR VOTES WITH CONVICTION!

Most people think that the NRA is just a lobbying group for "big firearm" manufacturers, but they are SO much more than that.

(I'm a NRA certified Range Safety Officer, Handgun Instructor, Rifle Instructor, and Level II Shotgun Coach)

It was well past time that Wayne should have gone.

American gun owners need a consolidated organization, rather than 100 with 1,000 members each.

I would like to see the Board of Directors be reprehensive of the membership.

WE COULD MAKE IT HAPPEN, IF WE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO VET THE PEOPLE AND CAST OUR VOTES WITH CONVICTION!
"reprehensive"? You mean "representative"? @sestoppelman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could have saved a lot of $, if I had became a Life Member 32 years ago, when I joined for the first time.

My local gun club used to require membership in the NRA, in order to be a member of the club. They now require only another membership into any 2nd Amendment organization, since the NRA "went off the rails" a few years ago.

If an organization wants more money, the last thing they need to do is call me on the phone.

If I get bothered on the phone when I am at home, I will never give a penny!

They now require only another membership into any 2nd Amendment organization
For my own information: Which are other notable 2/a organizations in USA? (I mean not hunting organizations)

Gun Owners of America takes a much harder stance than anything I’ve ever seen the NRA take.
For the past 20+ years I worked in state legislatures all over the country and on the Hill, I have never once in all that time seen a GOA lobbyist working in any of those settings.

There are 535 members of Congress, give or take a couple given open seats at any one time, if you asked every one of them what GOA stands for, I would guess you could fit the ones who say Gun Owners of American in a minivan.

I’ve been on a couple boards of non-profit organizations and a few stakeholders groups. I agree that 70 board members is way too many. However, 12 is too few. With a small board, it only takes a small number of crazies to really disrupt things and take the board off a cliff. You can also get power hungry people with too much of a say. It is best to dilute the power a bit more to keep a small group from infiltrating and taking the organization and membership down an unwanted road. I think about 20-30 would be good for such a big organization. The power of individual board members would be more diluted with 20-30 but not so diluted as to give management too much power. I think the size of the NRA board got so big as a way to reward and thank big donors instead of doing good business.

I’ve been on a couple boards of non-profit organizations and a few stakeholders groups. I agree that 70 board members is way too many. However, 12 is too few. With a small board, it only takes a small number of crazies to really disrupt things and take the board off a cliff. You can also get power hungry people with too much of a say. It is best to dilute the power a bit more to keep a small group from infiltrating and taking the organization and membership down an unwanted road. I think about 20-30 would be good for such a big organization. The power of individual board members would be more diluted with 20-30 but not so diluted as to give management too much power. I think the size of the NRA board got so big as a way to reward and thank big donors instead of doing good business.
"More the merrier" didn't work for NRA. Those guys were just appointing each other. Any complaints were drowned out by the crowd. The fewer the board members, then the more visible they are = easier to hold accountable. Much easier for 70+ board members to point fingers at each other and no one listens or everyone assumes someone else is doing the job. And no one does their job.

Just in case no one has seen the infamous hunting video:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EveHindwoo

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?