New Weatherby Rifle

MK V 300 Win Mag and MK V 338-378 Weatherby. Both range certified under 5/8” MOA.
IMG_0837.jpeg

Good to know. Thanks Bob.
Good day sir. As Bob said, I'm getting great results with the North Fork bullets. Sad to say though, in my rifle the Hawk 35 caliber 225grn pills have been not so stirling. Having been a bandleader for 60+ years I've tried a lot of variations to get these bullets to shoot. Finally hit on a load that works accuracy wise but velocity is down slightly. That works also as I've always chased accuracy over velocity within reason. With North Fork's and Barnes TSX's my barrel shoots pretty clean but the Hawk's (again in my barrel) copper fowl something fierce. They seem to be a good bullet but with the results I've gotten from the North Fork 200 and 225grn bullets, these are now my go to bullet for my 358 Winchester. Bottom line, it's what works for you in your rifle. Just my take on things. Good day and happy reloading.

What's the model number ?
Found it. It's 307.

Good day sir. As Bob said, I'm getting great results with the North Fork bullets. Sad to say though, in my rifle the Hawk 35 caliber 225grn pills have been not so stirling. Having been a bandleader for 60+ years I've tried a lot of variations to get these bullets to shoot. Finally hit on a load that works accuracy wise but velocity is down slightly. That works also as I've always chased accuracy over velocity within reason. With North Fork's and Barnes TSX's my barrel shoots pretty clean but the Hawk's (again in my barrel) copper fowl something fierce. They seem to be a good bullet but with the results I've gotten from the North Fork 200 and 225grn bullets, these are now my go to bullet for my 358 Winchester. Bottom line, it's what works for you in your rifle. Just my take on things. Good day and happy reloading.
@Rick HOlbert
When I get over there mate I'm just going to try and bring you over the ultimate 358win bullet in the nice 225gn rnsp Woodleigh.
Bob

@radname.
Are you insinuating ice got an empty heed. I'll have you know there's something between my ears. The last time I got my hearing checked they found a for lease sign in the gap between my ears. If the move the light a little they also lit up the eye chart on the wall on the other side of my head
Bob
Very funny Bob, but no not at all. I was saying Im probably a little lite in the brains department because I prefer recoil to muzzle blast. Like dad used to say " If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough" haha

Thank you Rick that is good information. I was wondering if the "soft copper" jackets on Hawk bullets might result in more fouling. Does hawk publish load data for their bullets? I didn't see anything on their website. Thanks.

@Rick HOlbert
When I get over there mate I'm just going to try and bring you over the ultimate 358win bullet in the nice 225gn rnsp Woodleigh.
Bob
LOL, sounds good Bob. Good news for here in the states. Got an email and seems Raven Rock may be picking up Woodleigh bullets to sell here! Fingers crossed.

LOL, sounds good Bob. Good news for here in the states. Got an email and seems Raven Rock may be picking up Woodleigh bullets to sell here! Fingers crossed.
I got the email too and replied letting them know what products id like to see most. Very good news that production has resumed. It's been a long time coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GordonBees

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.