New Guy From California

Welcome aboard Hatchet Jack. BTW isn't that the guy "Jeramiah Johnson" got his 50 caliber Hawken from? Thank you for your service. We have a lot of Ex GI(s) in the group. Will you be shooting factory ammo, or do you plan on loading your own? ALL of the information you need to plan your trip is available on AH. Use the "SEARCH function to look up old posts / threads dealing with subjects of interest to you. You will be expected to shoot off "sticks" they can be homemade or purchased which ever you prefer. Begin your "stick" practice with a 22 or 17 HMR. Let us know how your new toy did at the range.
Yep, that's the guy from Jeremiah Johnson. One of my favorite movies.

I picked up a few boxes of factory ammo locally, but I will definitely reload for the .375. My dies should be arriving this week.

I'll need to get some sticks for sure.

Yes, but it was while I was on active duty, not on safari. A trip to Somalia for 5 months in 1992-93. I still remember the thorns on everything and the red dirt and dust. Interesting place.
That's cool. Hope you get back soon. I'm going for the first time in July.

Scott, welcome to AH and thanks for your service!

Welcome to AH, you found a great place to start planning your a
"First" African safari.

Hatchet Jack, did we see you in the Movie Black Hawk Down? ;);)

Greetings AH,

New guy from San Diego here. Grew up in Pennsylvania and hunted for as long as I can remember. Have really enjoyed this site so far!

I pick up my first .375 H&H tomorrow. Ruger M77 circa 1997. Can't wait to get to the range and get familiar with the rifle.

I retired from the USMC 3 years ago and have been working as a contractor since then. Always saving up for the safari fund...hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to go back to Africa.

-Scott
Welcome to AH

Welcome beware of that 375 H&H it’s the start of a very slippery slope, check out Big Bore Addiction group on here. Have fun planning and doing your Safari, as others have said it a great place to learn.

Hello Hatchet Jack,

Thank You for your service.

Also, Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Furthermore, you cannot go wrong with a .375

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello and :S Welcome:, Scott.

Greetings AH,

New guy from San Diego here. Grew up in Pennsylvania and hunted for as long as I can remember. Have really enjoyed this site so far!

I pick up my first .375 H&H tomorrow. Ruger M77 circa 1997. Can't wait to get to the range and get familiar with the rifle.

I retired from the USMC 3 years ago and have been working as a contractor since then. Always saving up for the safari fund...hopefully in a couple years I'll be able to go back to Africa.

-Scott
welcome welcome welcome

any questions or queries about a safari, feel free to ask

welcome to AH !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)