www.henrygriffithsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
phasa
Gentleman I need help, I have a 375 Ruger in a Ruger that has been my everyday carry and truck gun for the past 10 years, and after nearly 500 rounds and much abuse the laminated stock has cracked and Im looking for a replacement, I would love to get one of the Ruger Alaskan rubber stocks if possible, can anyone help with tracing one in the US? and help getting it back to Africa ASAP?

any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Hogue makes the stocks for the Ruger Alaskan - the full bedding block models are SKU#77003 (Black), 77203 (OD), 77803 (Ghillie green). Their number is 800-438-4747. I would check with them to insure that these are the correct stocks to match the barrel thickness/width for the .375 Ruger. I cannot call and conform now as it is 0355 here and they are not open. Price on this stock is $260.

Henry, Guns and Bows in the Cape had Hogue stocks last year. Not sure if they still have stock

Measuring your barrel width at the receiver:

- Standard stock measurement is 1.21"

- B Barrel stock measurement is 1.27"

- Heavy barrel contour stock measurement is 1.81"

If you measure the barrel diameter at the tip of the fore end:

- Standard stock takes up to .77"

- B Stock takes up to .87"

- Heavy contour stock takes up to .90"

My Ruger Alaskan measures .810" at the fore end = B Stock.

If I was doing it, I would buy a bedding block model, which is only offered in the standard barrel width, and then sand it out to clear the barrel contour on your action. Pillar bedding may be adequate to take the recoil of the .375 Ruger cartridge, but I would go for more stiffness/strength with the bedding block. YMMV.

Henry, Guns and Bows in the Cape had Hogue stocks last year. Not sure if they still have stock
thank you I emailed them they are sending the stock today they just happened to have one in green!

will be here in a day or 3 !!!!!

Thank you all for the messages and emails and replies to my post! I have a stock on the way found a new one from Guns and Bows here in good old RSA,

thanks again!!!

I have a Woodstock from the 338 WinMag I don’t know if that will work

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRTMyron36

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!