1695717240239.jpeg

1695717304344.jpeg

The first one was shoot at 28 m.
1450 graines arrow with German Kinetic 210 graines blade. Expired in 15 m
The second was shoot at 17 m.
980 graines arrow with German Kinetic 210 graines blade
Expired in 50 m
I used my Carbon Defiant 82#

Congrats. I see one FMJ with German Kinetic, and what looks like a Victory VAP TKO maybe

Why two different types of arrows. Which preformed better for you. Any follow up rifle shots needed?

Thank's! FMJ Dangerous game 250. Not sure about the Victory, not a TKO, I need to ceck that at home.
I like to experience. It olso depends of the other animals I am hunting in the same period.
The 1450 gr was like a double rifle. At the shoot the bull got down as knoked by a hammer, stumbled to get up, walked 15 m and expired. The only problme is that this arrow goes down very quicly and my SpottHogg can not be set for more than 40m. The blade is dangerously close to it when drawing the bow.
Never nedded a follow up on my dangerous game hunts. I was lucky.

15 meters. Can’t ask for more than that. Heavier is good. And your sights not able to adjust past 40 yards is a non issue.

I doubt a PH would let you shoot the first arrow past 30 and mine the cut off was usually 25 yards.

I had ALOT of blown stalks trying to sneak into that range of a target bull. my 1st hunt I never got that shot. And was still hooked.

I never had a problem with my PH. He is olso a verry good friend of mine. He knows I can shoot at more then 40m. We tested the arrows at 40-45-50m and they still had lots of penetration into the target. It's douable.

I was only drawing 75 pounds and arrows were 1028 grains total. They preferred getting with 20 yards but 25 was the predetermined cutoff.
My arrow was shedding energy quickly past 30 yards.
I finally got within range on my second trip for Buffalo. And the bull died very quickly also. No lead needed

The rib picture is the entrance through the bulls rib. It was stopped on the opposite leg

The other pics are my penetration and destructive testing with angus femurs
Iron Will and FMJ DG 250s
IMG_0832.jpeg
IMG_0291.png
IMG_0831.jpeg
IMG_0830.jpeg
IMG_0833.jpeg
IMG_0827.jpeg
IMG_0825.jpeg
IMG_0824.jpeg

Looks like the BH held up great and the arrow did not. Did your FMJ hold up better. Thus penetrated better ?

The VAP completely exploded on the area of the insert. Opened in 7-8 lines. Olso the arrow broke in half.
The DG is like new. Pretty sure I could kill one more buff with her witout anny adjustement.
Bowth broadheads are like new.

My FMJ DG 250 was the same way. In like new condition

Arrow integrity is very important for penetration. You lose a lot of energy when the front of your arrow disintegrates like that, it’s like a shock absorber

Congrats, nice bulls !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiShiels

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.