My New .375 H&H RSM

Hatchet Jack

Reaction score
Thought I would post some pics of the Ruger .375 H&H that I picked up. Serial number puts it as a 1997 rifle. Has a Burris 1.75x5 scope. Action is very smooth, and the trigger breaks like glass.

20220320_082658.jpg

Bought a couple boxes of some Hornady 250 grn GMX (the only stuff available), and scored some Nosler brass after scouring the internet. Looking forward to a range trip sometime soon.
20220320_082729.jpg

Think I'll have to make a set of shooting sticks before the range trip! Plan to load some 300 grn A-Frames if/when they become available. Probably start with good ol' IMR4350.

Well, it ain’t a Hawken, pilgrim.

It may be a optical angle in your second pic, but the scope mounts look questionable in terms of height. Rifle looks great!

It may be a optical angle in your second pic, but the scope mounts look questionable in terms of height. Rifle looks great!
I can see what you mean. Everything seems to be where it should be when I mount the rifle regarding cheek weld, sight picture, etc.

If it doesn't work out at the range, I'll see about some lower profile mounts.

These are great rifles. If you ever want to get rid of it. It should sell very fast.

I can see what you mean. Everything seems to be where it should be when I mount the rifle regarding cheek weld, sight picture, etc.

If it doesn't work out at the range, I'll see about some lower profile mounts.
Yes, you might try some lower rings but if you mount the rifle with eyes closed and everything is lined up when you open your eyes, all is usually good. Congrats on a great find!

I love the straight grain and streaking in the timber. Beautiful polish on the blueing as well. Congrats.

Congratulations on a very nice rifle! Big fan of the RSMs

Nice purchase. I have its bigger brother in .416 Rigby and after a little tuning on the ejector, I am very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWYJada061

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!