My Hippo Skull

Very cool. I plan on doing something similar

That's awesome!! What a great way to display a hippo skull. I just have mine sitting out by itself, I need to do what you have done!

Awesome display. Gives a guy ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks that looks cool. I did something similar with my rhino skull.

That is very interesting. What is the foot print of the table and how high does it stand? Is the glass just secured by what looks like a bolt through the glass and supported by three points on the skull?

I love it! that is very nice. Thanks for the post!

That's awesome!! What a great way to display a hippo skull. I just have mine sitting out by itself, I need to do what you have done!
Very interesting. We do mostly euro projects now. The African taxidermist must have used a stock tank and half a dozen propane burners to cook that thing. Probably skimmed a couple gallons of grease from the soup. A helluva lot of work! I'm guessing $1500 to $2K just for the skull prep?

I think I would try a thick plexiglass rod for support rather than steel one. Is the glass top only anchored at that spot?

It is 24” x 34” x 23” high. The glass sits on 3 spots on the skull and is secured by the wood knob on the top ( it has a steel nut inside it ). The alternative would have been to make four corner posts with connecting members and letting the glass rest on the frame. I thought this would provide a more open view of the skull

I may be going after one in May and that looks lots more interesting than some random teeth on a shelf. After the prep of the skull, was most of the work done in Africa or the US?

It is 24” x 34” x 23” high. The glass sits on 3 spots on the skull and is secured by the wood knob on the top ( it has a steel nut inside it ). The alternative would have been to make four corner posts with connecting members and letting the glass rest on the frame. I thought this would provide a more open view of the skull
Perfect!

Awesome. That was my plan but I’ll likely never see my skull again.

Have always wanted to put a Buff skull inside a plexiglass box to use for a coffee table

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nedaalden

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.