Music Enthusiasts?

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Going through Ma's stuff, I found the correspondence as she met & kept in touch with Graeme Edge & Co. from "The Moody Blues" 1971.

"One the Threshold of a Dream" really cool.
1710025877554.png

1710026042068.png

My older Brothers made it a career .. started in the early 90's. The last album was polished @ Abbey Roads Studio, neat hx.
1710097670757.png

Last edited:
Good stuff but I had to cringe on the Steve Winwood one. Why? In college (85-90.. yes, fiver years: I changed majors rather radically) we had to take a PE class every year. One year I took volleyball. Our teacher had been an All-America level collegiate player, and was only a few years removed from that. She was a HUGE Steve Winwood fan, and blared his music to rock concert levels in the gym every freaking class period the whole semester. I don't often tire of things. I grew weary of Winwood that year, and haven't ever really gotten back to appreciating him.

Perhaps, from that, I can be forgiven. :p

Good stuff but I had to cringe on the Steve Winwood one. Why? In college (85-90.. yes, fiver years: I changed majors rather radically) we had to take a PE class every year. One year I took volleyball. Our teacher had been an All-America level collegiate player, and was only a few years removed from that. She was a HUGE Steve Winwood fan, and blared his music to rock concert levels in the gym every freaking class period the whole semester. I don't often tire of things. I grew weary of Winwood that year, and haven't ever really gotten back to appreciating him.

Omg, lmfao! .. I'm sorry, that's funny. And Understandable! I'll attest to a lot of artists, similarly;

Great stuff. I actually got to see the Moodies in concert once. They were doing their reunion tour and had recently issued a couple of new albums. They put on a heck of a show.

Great stuff. I actually got to see the Moodies in concert once. They were doing their reunion tour and had recently issued a couple of new albums. They put on a heck of a show.
I would've loved to catch them, just once. So many great songs rarely played, heard. Backstage, an enormous banquette hall in Ann Arbor with very few people, Members & Crew. Last show before anxiously returning to England, family oriented. Justin shared photos of his wife & kids, humble/modest country home, genuine people .. from what I was told.

I had a Jr. High teacher, loved Michael Bolton .. She just thought he had "Sax Appeal"
1711040400437.png

60's, 70's, 80's, 90's .. Love to hear your interest's. anything?

80s rock, country back as far as the 70s and through some current stuff, Christian rock/worship, some alternative rock, late 90s through early 2000s pop, and some other stuff, like The Manhattan Transfer.

A handful that have played in my office this morning: Silent Lucidity/Queensryche, Uncle Kracker/Smile, Casting Crowns/Thrive, MercyMe/Greater, Come On Get Higher/Matt Nathanson, Nathalie Merchant/Thank You, Luke Combs/Better Together, Five for Fighting/Superman, Kawliga/Charley Pride

I'll pass on Bolton - my lovely bride was a fan when she wasn't following Sly and the Family Stone. I could not abide "Dance to the Music" but "Stand" (1969) pretty much defined a whole genre and era of music.

Early on, I was, and still am, a Bob Dylan fan. One of my prize possessions is a copy of his "Desire" album where he signed both the cover and put "Bob" on the album. It isn't his best work but "Sara" is poignant, and "Mozambique" which has no real meaning, is nevertheless probably apropos to our group.

dylan.jpg

Ma has a lot of Dylan Vinyl .. it's endless. Jefferson Airplane, @Red Leg @Tundra Tiger .. excellent stuff! Thank you, all .. Roger McGuinn

I started young, my older Brothers have toured the globe for 25 years. They signed to Universal in 2000 & still making albums, I had some great chances to fill in @ some of their shows.
1711044336123.png

Jefferson Airplane - weren't many of my generation who didn't have something of a crush on Grace Slick.
young-grace-slick (1).jpg

Grace has aged more than a little, but the Airplane's music can still hold its own.

As of course so does Starship

Jefferson Airplane - weren't many of my generation who didn't have something of a crush on Grace Slick.
View attachment 594647
Grace has aged more than a little, but the Airplane's music can still hold its own.

As of course so does Starship
That Starship Vinyl is here (I didn't know "Miracles" was done by them) Great song. Thanks for bringing her up though, I was raised on all of this music (and mothers pills still don't do anything at all), but she was slick, no doubt. That Monterey Pop festival brought one of my favorites from them ..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.