MOZAMBIQUE: Mozambique 2023

S Bertram

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I hunted with Valie Enslin of That's Africa Safaris. We hunted a game reserve totalling 367K acres bordering the Gonarezhou National park in Zim and the Save river to the North.

Crossing the Limpopo

AdJ1eivl.jpg

Last petrol before we headed in to camp.

7hGbMtRl.jpg

Camp was comfortable, the food was very good, the rooms had bathrooms and showers with hot and cold water, electricity was provided by generator.

Oqb8L3el.jpg

uxiV6yFl.jpg

I saw plenty of wildlife, both species were were targeting and ones we were not.

A couple of bulls at a pan getting a mid-day drink.

jQMlL4pl.jpg

A very nice Kudo

11qTEQ6l.jpg

Nyala bull, the most beautiful of the antelope species to my eye.

ZTuJ2xRl.jpg

I was in awe of the size of my Eland bull, just huge. It is amazing how such a big animal can be so graceful.

5gu1Mngl.jpg

Nice sold bosses on my buff but not that wide. Might have to try for another on a future trip.

dbLiF7fl.jpg

I very much enjoyed my first African safari and will return again. Valie was an excellent PH, the Shangaan trackers were truly amazing. The food and accommodation were quite good.

It was HOT! By far the hottest I have ever experienced during a hunting trip. The bright side was that you can see farther during the dry season and the animals congregate around the pans. That said, I might try a cooler period next trip.

I will certainly return.

Last edited by a moderator:
congrats on a successful safari! thanks for sharing!

Congrats. What month was the trip?

October of last year.
I did October in Mozambique once. It is hot. But it is also likely why you were able to get that nice Livingstone Eland. They can be hard to find before they start thinking about the rut. Congrats on an obviously successful hunt. And what a Kudu!

October is too late for anywhere and beginning of the rainy season.
Same for March and April.
It was indeed very hot, I was quite happy with the results despite the heat though. We just dodged the rain, right after I took my Buff the temperature dropped and it began to rain. I know Valie took one client in November and they got the Buff that they were after.

Very nice Safari!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Wonderful animals in a truly wild area. Well done!

Some beautiful trophies congratulations. The kudu genetics there look very impressive. I personally like hunting October. I’ve had very good luck as water gets more scarce and end of season can open more options up to you.

Congrats! Well done!

Congrats some great animals! I really like the look of tha kudu well done!
thanks for sharing .

Very Nice. Thank You for sharing

October is too late for anywhere and beginning of the rainy season.
Same for March and April.

That’s an ignorant comment to make.

October is the best month to hunt in some parts of Mozambique.

Very nice trophies. Thanks for posting.

Very nice first trip! Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohitgupta

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg