MOZAMBIQUE: Has Anyone Hunted With Sengasenga Safaris?

Rich Maggart

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Just wondering if anyone has hunted with Sengasenga safaris in Mozambique and might have some feedback.
Thanks

It is on the southern border of Niassa Game Reserve proper. Looks like maybe Manuel Carona’s (Majune Safaris) area. Also note elephant are not on license there.

It is on the southern border of Niassa Game Reserve proper. Looks like maybe Manuel Carona’s (Majune Safaris) area. Also note elephant are not on license there.
I haven’t been to Mozambique since 2014 and 15, in coutada 10 had I think it was 1 elephant bull on quota but no elephant from Mozambique were exportable to the US. Has that changed? The bulls I saw had some beautiful ivory!

I haven’t been to Mozambique since 2014 and 15, in coutada 10 had I think it was 1 elephant bull on quota but no elephant from Mozambique were exportable to the US. Has that changed? The bulls I saw had some beautiful ivory!
Elephant were badly poached, especially in Niassa. Numbers are improving but it will be a while before you see any mature bulls

My advise would be to watch out, I had a friend hunt with them and there is some issues with this company. I can refer you to my hunter that has been with them.

I have not heard of them and I have hunted Niassa a few times including last year. If you want to hunt Niassa I can highly recommend Kwalata(Jaco Strauss) or Kambako(Jumbo Moore). Kwalata is a site sponsor and they run a nice camp and have great logistics to get you to their camp and home safely.

Their auction hunts have so many red flags!

First and foremost- ‘Niassa’ is thrown around these days with little context. There are blocks outside the reserve and in the reserve, and species presence/absence is extremely variable. As is the quality of the blocks.

They have an auction hunt that includes Niassa wildebeest. I don’t think there has been an observation in that vicinity in the past three aerial surveys! Additionally, they have a 10-day leopard hunt donation AND a 10-day lion hunt donation. I’m typically very skeptical of any ‘high-demand’ hunt donation from an unknown company. That seems like a trap! And…10 DAY LION HUNT—wtf.

They cannot even spell the country name correctly on the website front page fm........Run Forest Run.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TobiasStor

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.