www.umlilosafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Canada, Belgium, Italy, England, Scotland, Wales
Lion Collage-1.jpg

HO: ZA/EC 202206000021565
SOUTH AFRICA
Lion & Lioness Hunts + Buffalo, Rhino & 30+ more Species
Hunt on foot, great walk & stalk experience in the perfect habitat
NO Daily Rates / ZERO Daily Rates for Hunters
Hunters pay ONLY for species killed/wounded
Kalahari (North West Province)
We don’t experiment = we offer, we deliver (25 years)
Hunt exclusively (book as 2 or more): no other hunters with us
Hunters can add more Days for Free if more animals are booked
Lion Male (category 1) only, from 2 Hunt Days/3 Nights, $7225
Lion Males (categories 2, 3 & 4) also available
Lioness only, from 2 Hunt Days/3 Nights, $4750
Lion Male + Lioness, from 4 Hunt Days/5 Nights, $10925
Lion/Lioness + any other Species, contact us
Observers pay per night (full board, no extra cost)
Payments with Credit Card also possible
Packages include
• Species successfully hunted / wounded
• Airport pick-up/drop-off plus all ground transport
• Hunting permits & paperwork for export application
• PH, trackers, skinners & fully rigged hunting vehicle
• Field prep of Trophies & delivery to our taxidermy studio
• Luxury En-suite Accommodation with Wifi
• Outstanding Safari Catering & Fully Stocked Open Bar
Details with T’s & C’s upon request
Francois Dorfling +27 82 826 5580 (whatsapp & viber too)
Email umlilosafaris@kirkwood.co.za
Web: www.umlilosafaris.co.za

Are these lions importable to the US?

How can you say zero daily rates and then charge more for a four day hunt as compared to a two day hunt?

Edit- ones for lioness only. My apologies

Last edited:
Zero daily rates on the packages offered. If you want to hunt additional days, you pay a daily fee. My lioness hunt (not with this outfitter) was 5 days, and it was all included.

I don't believe these lions are importable into the US. This is a CBL hunt, and don't be fooled, it is an exciting hunt you are on the ground face to face with these predators.

So if not importable what exactly do you get besides shooting one

An importable lion would cost you 10 times (if not more) than what you are paying here. No one can take away the experience of hunting one of these predators, and you can have pictures of the animal you took. That is what some of us who have done this type of hunt have done.

BTW, I have no affiliation with the outfitter. I'm answering based on my experience with another outfitter, and if you look in the forum, there are others who have done similar hunt like the one being offered here.

I wasn’t worried about ethics . It’s trophy hunting for sure . I’m looking at financials and justification if I wanted to ever hunt a lion .
I didn’t mean that disrespectful. I agree that most of my travel hunting is 100% for me and I have no ethical dilemma with it.

For a CBL an exact replica skull can be molded from your trophy, or a taxidermy replica can be made. Pictures, painting, and professional videos also make great options.
1703014400069.png
1703014440162.png

I've just done some research and know some on AH have done skull replicas. Someone else will need to answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you get your skull from?

Splitting Image does them, they will also do a full skeleton. Their are also companies that will do a full replica body mount if you would like. It's not cheap (25-30k) they offer shoulder mounts too(12-15k) it has been a few years since I talked to them.

An importable lion would cost you 10 times (if not more) than what you are paying here.
Not necessarily. I don't want to derail the thread but that is just not completely accurate...

Not necessarily. I don't want to derail the thread but that is just not completely accurate...

I don't think it would derail the thread. Many people don't know, including the OP. Any insight on pricing would be of benefit IMHO. I would also like to know if you are speaking on exportable or wild that is not. The lines are very gray in this area, atleast from what I have been able to gather.

No one can take away the experience of hunting one of these predators, and you can have pictures of the animal you took. That is what some of us who have done this type of hunt have done.
I have to fully agree with this!

Splitting Image does them, they will also do a full skeleton. Their are also companies that will do a full replica body mount if you would like. It's not cheap (25-30k) they offer shoulder mounts too(12-15k) it has been a few years since I talked to them.
If you are after the mount to be in your house, that SA hunt and a replica is not as expensive as that's sound. Because if you do the replica in the US, you don't have all the costs of importing. Dip and pack, import broker, export permits, transport in Africa, air freight, clearing costs, possible storage fees, ground transport in the US. The taxidermy cost. It adds up!

Another option might be to buy a mount from someone who wants to sell theirs or their grandfather's.

do what i did…fabulous hunt, see my posted video on here where the lion charged me dropping at 7 yards, take great pictures with a good camera, then have your best picture oil painted on canvass and hang in your office

0C57D9AA-B834-4DC0-A0F9-417FA8273C35.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it would derail the thread. Many people don't know, including the OP. Any insight on pricing would be of benefit IMHO. I would also like to know if you are speaking on exportable or wild that is not. The lines are very gray in this area, atleast from what I have been able to gather.
$3500 for a lioness $5,000 for first grade of make, $6500 for mid and $8,000 for highest end

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWYJada061

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!