Limpopo Bushbuck recommendations for 2025?

Then you can go after the other 5 subspecies through '31. You could go to Zim and take care of 2 in one trip along the Limpopo and Zambezi Rivers. 'Got one w/ an 18" (straight measurement) horn along the Limpopo in Zim. Son also got a nice one along the Save in Zim. Saw plenty along the Chobe in Namibia (including one being pursued by a big Leopard on the Botswana side) but we were hunting bigger stuff that trip. This one was along the Zambezi in Zim while we were eating lunch.
1715782293776.jpeg
1715783429068.jpeg

Last edited:
Like Nyala, not too difficult to stalk up on. A bowhunter could easily take bushbuck.

Shot my Cape Bushbuck last week and looking to get my Chobe in 26. Looking for some Outfitter recommendations to get my Limpopo Bushbuck in 25.
Thanks in advance.
David.

I would contact the folks at Limcroma Safaris. They have several miles of rivers running through their properties which is prime bushbuck habitat. I didn't hunt for bushbuck when I hunted with them, but I saw several good ones on the properties, and one hunter sharing camp took an absolute monster while I was there.

Shot my Cape Bushbuck last week and looking to get my Chobe in 26. Looking for some Outfitter recommendations to get my Limpopo Bushbuck in 25.
Thanks in advance.
David.

As Mr. Dave mentioned, Limcroma is uniquely located at the confluence of the three major rivers in our region which are the Limpopo, Crocodile, and Marico, hence our name Lim-Cro-Ma. We are very fortunate to have some large hunting properties with many miles of river running through them and some of the best Limpopo bushbuck habitat in Africa. We also have many adjacent agricultural fields that attract really good numbers of bushbuck up from the river bottoms. Our hunters take some exceptional Limpopo bushbuck every season. Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions or more details.

I would contact the folks at Limcroma Safaris. They have several miles of rivers running through their properties which is prime bushbuck habitat. I didn't hunt for bushbuck when I hunted with them, but I saw several good ones on the properties, and one hunter sharing camp took an absolute monster while I was there.

As always, thank you for the kind endorsement, Mr. Dave! We certainly appreciate it! I do recall that bushbuck. I believe this is the one you are referring to?

bushbuck 3 noweapon.jpg

GP Footprint Safaris is right in the middle of the Limpopo action and could get you on a nice one I'm sure. We bow hunted in '22 with them for Impala, Nyala, Sable and Wildebeest. ]
GPFootprintSafaris.com
Gerhard Pretorious +27836313015 or info@gpfootprintsafaris.com

Might I suggest Charl Van Rooyen's Infinito Safaris. Just got back from a safari with Infinito, my 30th and my son in law's first. Had a great hunt and took a nice 15 inch Limpopo Bushbuck on Day 6. The concession is in the Limpopo Province so no question what sub-specie it is. That's 7 of 8 bushbuck with only the Abyssinian left for me...

David, well done on the achievement.
We hunt our Limpopo Bushbuck on the banks of the Limpopo river, may I ask that you e-mail me direct for info. info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers
Ernest

Thanks in advance.
David.

I can certainly help you out
Dm me or email

Stuart@tallyho.co.za

Limcroma safaris will be hard to beat. my wife and i were there in 2023 and we saw a lot of very nice bush buck. I was able to take an old ram after five days of walking. others in camp got some very nice rams as well. Hanas and his team are second to none, worth giving them a call.

Had an excellent bushbuck hunt with Cruiser Safaris in 2014. 15 1/2”

Dave Freeburn has an excellent place on the Limpopo river that borders Botswana.

No fence.

Dave Freeburn can also hunt Chobe Bushbuck as well. It would be possible to take one variety and then move and take another variety in the same week.

Thanks in advance.
David.
Hallo Dawid, We can help you out with big Limpopo Bushbuck. I send you a PM

I can highly recommend Spear Safaris for Limpopo bushbuck. I hunted this one last April with Ernest directly on the banks of the Limpopo river!
Look at the tiny third horn on his nose…
IMG_6598.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pistol Pete

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.