Leopard SA

62flint

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
Talking to a PH in south Africa, He mentioned leopard MAY become available, seems the powers to be may be considering it.
Any one else hear any thing? .

When I hunted the Limpopo area back in 2010, we found Leopard tracks several times. The owner was not too happy about it. That would be great if they do open it.

Even if it were to open tags would be very limited. I wouldn’t book beyond the year quota was issued. It would likely remain unstable.

When I hunted the Limpopo area back in 2010, we found Leopard tracks several times. The owner was not too happy about it. That would be great if they do open it.
There's a lot of leopard in Limpopo and some being killed in self defense.
My son and granddaughter had a very scary encounter last year at a game farm and were about to kill one.

At the moment they are being shot and everyone keeps quiet especially livestock farmers.
It would be great if permits come out again and give them value there a monsters to be hunted in Limpopo with the world record coming from Limpopo.

And before anyone shouts foul the numbers are very healthy its the greenies that can't accept it because they are not easily seen.

Very inteligent cats due to being and unfriendly visitor on most farms. It will be a good hard hunt to out manouvere them.

They are not only being shot on farms, but in large numbers. Thermal image has really enabled them to up their game.

SA is one of the more problematic African countries if it comes to opening or re opening some quota. To many hands in the cookie jar there in my experience, in other words : to many wanting " hand outs" to do you a " favor" , so it gets expensive with no guarantee of positive longterm outcome .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TobiasStor

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.