If Animals Had Rights

Hoas

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
https://www.mahohboh.org/an-open-letter-to-iol-by-john-nash/

Dear IOL
Your article, “UK hunt club slammed for trophy-hunting safari auction in South Africa”. by Shaun Smillie (October 29) contained a number of misleading statements.

You describe the Avon Vale Hunt as “A fox hunting club in the United Kingdom”. Fox hunting with hounds has been illegal in the UK for a number of years. The Avon Vale Hunt preserves and celebrates the tradition of hunting with hounds by trail hunting – exercising riders and dogs by following an artificial scent laid down earlier by a human being. It is a perfectly legal pastime. It follows that the statement, “are dedicated to stopping the Avon Vale huntsmen and women when they head out with horses and hounds in pursuit of foxes” is false news.

Of course, you cannot ban the hunting of UK foxes because they are an agricultural and urban pest. Every day we kill 1000 foxes in the UK – 2000 a week are shot, 80 a day are snared, Lord knows how many are poisoned or gassed with vehicle exhaust because hunting with dogs is banned, and, ironically another 300 are run over EVERY DAY, many by animal lovers in the their cars. Banning the hunting of foxes with hounds merely turned a much-admired quarry – about 20,000 were once taken by foxhounds – into a common agricultural pest.

Continue....

Screenshot_39.jpg

I'm a firm believer in animals have rights.

Those animals by which we commonly eat have the right to live and grow to just outside their prime age by which time they are now prime for human consumption.

Those animals we consider as varmints have a right to live and thrive to adulthood, allowed to reproduce rear their young till the young are self sufficient and then the adults have the right of becoming live target practice.

Those other animals that prey upon our animals of food source and live target practice have the right to live, reproduce, and be hunted to acceptable low but not to near extinction population controlled numbers.

Animals should by all means have the right to eat and thrive off farmers crops meant for human consumption. Those animals also have the right to becoming the farmer's sustainable meat source.

I'm a firm believer that animals have a constitutional right of free speech and the right to be killed when they are fooled into responding to the mimic speech made by hunters.

I'm a firm believer in that animals have the right to protect themselves from predators and human idiots who invade their safe space to take idiotic photos/videos to posts on social media and from human animal rights organization that have no idea of the harm they cause by their asinine ideologies that don't involve protecting and conserving the animals natural habitat.

The most important animal right is to have biologists, veterinarians, hunters and trappers that protect and preserve their habit, health and conservation for both animal and human future generations!!

Last edited:

Those animals by which we commonly eat have the right to live and grow to just outside their prime age by which time they are now prime for human consumption.

Those animals we consider as varmints have a right to live and thrive to adulthood, allowed to reproduce rear their young till the young are self sufficient and then the adults have the right of becoming live target practice.

Those other animals that prey upon our animals of food source and live target practice have the right to live, reproduce, and be hunted to acceptable low but not to near extinction population controlled numbers.

Animals should by all means have the right to eat and thrive off farmers crops meant for human consumption. Those animals also have the right to becoming the farmer's sustainable meat source.

I'm a firm believer that animals have a constitutional right of free speech and the right to be killed when they are fooled into responding to the mimic speech made by hunters.

I'm a firm believer in that animals have the right to protect themselves from predators and human idiots who invade their safe space to take idiotic photos/videos to posts on social media and from human animal rights organization that have no idea of the harm they cause by their asinine ideologies that don't involve protecting and conserving the animals natural habitat.

The most important animal right is to have biologists, veterinarians, hunters and trappers that protect and preserve their habit, health and conservation for both animal and human future generations!!
Well put!!

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

None, if I see it first!

IMG_20220622_095136888_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220420_140416137_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220709_153948744~3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonderfully said @Ridge Runner

https://www.mahohboh.org/an-open-letter-to-iol-by-john-nash/

Dear IOL
Your article, “UK hunt club slammed for trophy-hunting safari auction in South Africa”. by Shaun Smillie (October 29) contained a number of misleading statements.

You describe the Avon Vale Hunt as “A fox hunting club in the United Kingdom”. Fox hunting with hounds has been illegal in the UK for a number of years. The Avon Vale Hunt preserves and celebrates the tradition of hunting with hounds by trail hunting – exercising riders and dogs by following an artificial scent laid down earlier by a human being. It is a perfectly legal pastime. It follows that the statement, “are dedicated to stopping the Avon Vale huntsmen and women when they head out with horses and hounds in pursuit of foxes” is false news.

Of course, you cannot ban the hunting of UK foxes because they are an agricultural and urban pest. Every day we kill 1000 foxes in the UK – 2000 a week are shot, 80 a day are snared, Lord knows how many are poisoned or gassed with vehicle exhaust because hunting with dogs is banned, and, ironically another 300 are run over EVERY DAY, many by animal lovers in the their cars. Banning the hunting of foxes with hounds merely turned a much-admired quarry – about 20,000 were once taken by foxhounds – into a common agricultural pest.

Continue....

View attachment 517281
What a great response to the anti-hunting crowd. If only they could use common sense instead of emotions. Thanks for posting.

What a great response to the anti-hunting crowd. If only they could use common sense instead of emotions. Thanks for posting.
I wonder how many of those disillusioned nincompoops have or will even read the article.

I wonder how many of those disillusioned nincompoops have or will even read the article.
That is definitely the problem. It is the same for my book. While most people who read it walk a way with a whole new understanding of safari hunting and why it is so important, FIRST I have to get them to read it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rock4365

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!