Hornady 375 h&h 270 gr SP-RP superperformance

Buffhunter

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Malawi, Australia, South Africa
Hello has anyone got any first hand experience on the Hornady SP-RP interlock bullets in dangerous game? .ie. buffalo.

I havent come across these until today and with very slim pickings with factory ammunition now in Australia I wanted other opinions on these before I buy some.

Rifle would be a 375h&h on

Thanks

I think anyone would advise you to use a 300gr bullet when hunting buffalo.
Maybe time to start reloading your own ?

I believe I have two boxes of Nosler Partitions 300 grs. Send me a PM if you are interested. Also another forum member here had 300 TSX for sale.

Hello has anyone got any first hand experience on the Hornady SP-RP interlock bullets in dangerous game? .ie. buffalo.

I havent come across these until today and with very slim pickings with factory ammunition now in Australia I wanted other opinions on these before I buy some.

Thanks

Or you could throw rocks at it ... (not a Hornady bullet fan)

Thanks
I have a 375 RSM Ruger Alaskan. I too have a rough time trusting Hornady bullets, and their factory loads.
I've had too many failure-to-fire in the factory loaded stuff.
I have some of the 270 Pt-Sp. I haven't used them on any game yet....
Probably would work on thin skin stuff...

I've used them on elk, muskox and moose, where they are efficient and reliable, but that's their wheelhouse. I would not use them on thick-skinned animals from the jacket separation I saw.

I believe I have two boxes of Nosler Partitions 300 grs. Send me a PM if you are interested. Also another forum member here had 300 TSX for sale.
Thanks but im in australia

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrestonPem

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!