JimmyJack54

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI Life Member
Hunted
South Africa
I have a Heym 55B-SS Sidelock in 375 H&H (1978) and I am searching for what ammo it may have been regulated with and at what distance. If any of you happen to know or may be able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

300Gr RWS KS (KegelSpitze) Cone Points & round nosed steel jacketed FMJ solids (by default).

You were also given the option to ask for 300Gr Winchester Silver Tips & flat nosed lubaloy jacketed FMJ solids.

I know this for a fact, because a very close friend actually ordered a Heym boxlock ejector side by side double rifle (chambered in .375 Holland & Holland Magnum) brand new in 1977.

These were the only 2 makes of .375 Holland & Holland Magnum ammunition which were commercially available back in those days (between 1973 and 1983). There was also Remington, but nobody liked to use them for regulating double rifles. Because the soft points (270Gr Core Lokts) and the solids (300Gr round nosed cupronickel jacketed FMJ) were of different weights.

Last edited:
@JimmyJack54 I'd be curious to know how far off other factory 300 grainers would be. If you have occasion to shoot some, please let us know..........FWB

@JimmyJack54 I'd be curious to know how far off other factory 300 grainers would be. If you have occasion to shoot some, please let us know..........FWB
FWB, I’m not sure when I’ll have time to make it to the range but I’ll let you know once I have a chance to acquire some ammo and shoot it.

I have a Heym 55B-SS Sidelock in 375 H&H (1978) and I am searching for what ammo it may have been regulated with and at what distance. If any of you happen to know or may be able to point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Wolfgang Romey (extinct) could have been an option. Hirtenberger Austria was another option. (extinct load) RWS could have been an option (load extinct).

My first attempt would be GECO ammo to see if that will regulate. I would focus on 270gr loads as they were more fashionable at the time.

Pics or it didn't happen
IMG_8314.jpeg
IMG_8315.jpeg

Wolfgang Romey (extinct) could have been an option. Hirtenberger Austria was another option. (extinct load) RWS could have been an option (load extinct).

My first attempt would be GECO ammo to see if that will regulate. I would focus on 270gr loads as they were more fashionable at the time.
Thank you @rookhawk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuyixinwei26

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!