Henri Dumoulin & Fils .416 Rigby, Dumoulin Imperial Magnum Action, Swarovski Z6i 1-6 EE

matthew anderson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA
Folks, I've got a Henri Dumoulin & Fils .416 Rigby, Dumoulin Imperial Magnum action, with a Swarovski Z6i 1-6 EE in claw mounts. The mounts were done by J.J. Perodeau at Champlin. It's a heck of a rifle but I'm generating some liquid for a business venture and figured I would post it up. I'm in the houston Tx area and can travel a reasonable distance to meet up. If someone wants to buy it and is planning on going to DSC, I can drive up to Dallas for that.

Feel free to send me a message and we can exchange phone numbers for a call or facetime if you want a live feed.

10K for the rifle and scope. Thanks

IMG_6714.jpg
IMG_6715.jpg
IMG_6716.jpg
IMG_6717.jpg
IMG_6718.jpg
IMG_6719.jpg
IMG_6720.jpg
IMG_6721.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that is a serious big game hunting rifle package.
Whoever will get this in their hands, will have a smile on their face every time they pick it up.

On a side not, you mention the scope being a Z6i EE. I did not know that the EE editions also existed in the illuminated version. Learnt something today.

Good luck with the Sale!

Great gun. I happen to have a screenshot of when I was looking at it at Champlin! Feel free for correct if wrong, but this should help:

14.25” lop
10 lb 2 oz bare
11 lb 6 oz with scope.

Well done!

Thanks Guys. I'm definitely not looking forward to it leaving and if it doesn't, I won't be disappointed.

Great gun. I happen to have a screenshot of when I was looking at it at Champlin! Feel free for correct if wrong, but this should help:

14.25” lop
10 lb 2 oz bare
11 lb 6 oz with scope.

Well done!
Yessir.

Below is the info from George back when it was at Champlin. When I talked to George about it (years after he had it) he said in his opinion, the Dumoulin Imperial magnum and the New Mauser magnum action are the best, most solid actions for big DG chamberings and that if he hunted buffalo for a living, that's all he'd use given the option. He added that he especially liked that it was Dumoulin built, not just a Dumoulin action. So for whatever that is worth to someone, it was worth quite a bit to me considering where it came from.

"Henri Dumoulin & Fils - Belgium: A 416 Rigby Model Imperial Magnum, Built 1987 by Dumoulin on their true Magnum Double Square Bridge action, These Imperial actions are a full 1/4" longer than a Commercial Mauser Magnum action for proper function and feeding, 24" barrel with a 1/4 rib with 1 standing & 2 folding rear sights, Barrel band sling eye, Barrel band front ramp with a lock-on sight protector, Professionally installed claw mounts in our shop by Mr. J.J. Perodeau, Mounted with a Swarovski Z6i 1-6 x 24 scope with their illuminated reticle, Hinged floorplate with a frontal bow release, Belly magazine that will hold 4 down, 3 position Model 70 type wing safety on the bolt shroud, Double steel crossbolts, Classic style stock with point pattern checkering, Shadowline cheekpiece, Trapdoor steel grip cap, Ebony forend tip, 14 1/4" LOP over a 1" pad, 10 lbs. 2 oz. without the Swarovski and 11 Lbs. 6 oz. with it mounted, Original factory satin blue on the action and barrel remains at 99%, Original factory stock finish and it remains at 99%, The checkering is at 100%, The bore is excellent plus. This is a well-built tough rifle with a true full-length magnum action that will handle any length 416 Rigby cartridge which could be ideal for the handloader. Excellent action, excellent inletting inside & out, proper weight, excellent claw mounts, belly magazine and built tough to go the distance for serious big game hunting."

That's a bunch of animals! I have one on that list haha.

Beautiful rifle!

GLWS!

Reactions: RLL
Oof...this is one of the best .416 setups available anywhere. Wow...I hope it goes hunting!

Proper rifle. IMO a 416 rigby set up like this is, if you could only have 1, it would be this or something similar. Every time I look in my safe and ask that question….it would be my 416 rigby currently. We should do a thread——show us your 416 rigby. I don’t think a lot of guys realize what it takes to make a proper 416, starting with the correct action, of which there are only a few, Doumolin is one, GMA, and the current product Magnum Mauser, Prechtl. Expensive stuff.

Now that is a serious big game hunting rifle package.
Whoever will get this in their hands, will have a smile on their face every time they pick it up.

On a side not, you mention the scope being a Z6i EE. I did not know that the EE editions also existed in the illuminated version. Learnt something today.

Good luck with the Sale!
There are not many of the z6i ee out there I have one and it’s the best scope I have ever owned.

A beautiful rifle and it seems to be a great value! I remember thinking the same when Champlin had it. Makes me wish I was right handed!
Yes sir. Not unlike now, I clicked on the listing a lot when Champlin had it listed. :). If I didn’t have .416s coming out of my ears (big ears), I would be making the short drive to Houston.

Funny you put it that way...I think I need at LEAST one .416 at all times but more than one makes me feel better! I absolutely love my Dakota .416 Rigby...it's beautiful and accurate and reliable...but one more .416 is "more better"!

Funny you put it that way...I think I need at LEAST one .416 at all times but more than one makes me feel better! I absolutely love my Dakota .416 Rigby...it's beautiful and accurate and reliable...but one more .416 is "more better"!
True. More than one is the happy place. 4-5 is gluttony. :)

Reading his book as we speak.
And he loved his .416 Rigby.
Which of his books? I have a few but not all of them...and another bump for a nice rifle. This is also how I talk myself into things!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydaX15957

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone