Hello from Victoria, BC

BC Tal

AH member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new guy to the forum from Vancouver Island, Canada. Planning a hunt in South Africa next year with my buddy Just a Dude in BC. Love this forum for the info.
Cheers

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH BC Tal!

Hello BC Tal,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Good day, welcome from our side!

If you're taking guns I can help. I've jumped through those hoops four trips. Just make sure you book flights with Star Alliance group and your guns will only have to be checked with Air Canada when you depart and not messed with again till you get to Africa.

Welcome.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to you! You're at the right place!

Welcome aboard BC Tal. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Where will you be hunting in Africa? What are you planning to hunt in Africa? Will you be taking your own firearms or renting one from your Outfitter?

Welcome to a great forum!!! I still remember the intoxicating smell of the butchart gardens as a little boy from almost 40 years ago, beautiful spot in which you reside.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!!

Thanks everyone, appreciate the greetings. I've done a little hunting; harvesting whitetail in Northern Ontario and Alberta and black bear here in BC. I've shot both competitively and with the army reserves.
I have a Dillion 650 that is set up for pistol and a Forster Co-Ax I use for reloading all my rifle rounds.
I'm a lefty, as Just a Dude in BC has alluded to in another thread which can be a challenge to find the rifles I want, need and can afford for this adventure. I think I've landed on the pair that I will be taking to Africa next year; a Ruger No 1 in 416 Rigby with a Zeiss 1-4 for DG and a Winchester M70 CRF Safari Express that was originally 375 H&H before being re-bored to 416 Remington Magnum that I'm going to have re-barreled to 300 H&H for PG. What a pain it was to find a magnum length bolt action in CRF under $5K in left hand in something I want to take to Africa. I'll post pics of that project in it's own thread shortly.
We're looking at the Limpopo area of South Africa for Aug 2024 and I'm looking forward to soaking up all the info I can about everyone's experiences, especially international flights with the rifles.

Welcome to AH! Nice to have you as part of our community, really looking forward to your input.

Welcome to AH! Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the greetings. I've done a little hunting; harvesting whitetail in Northern Ontario and Alberta and black bear here in BC. I've shot both competitively and with the army reserves.
I have a Dillion 650 that is set up for pistol and a Forster Co-Ax I use for reloading all my rifle rounds.
I'm a lefty, as Just a Dude in BC has alluded to in another thread which can be a challenge to find the rifles I want, need and can afford for this adventure. I think I've landed on the pair that I will be taking to Africa next year; a Ruger No 1 in 416 Rigby with a Zeiss 1-4 for DG and a Winchester M70 CRF Safari Express that was originally 375 H&H before being re-bored to 416 Remington Magnum that I'm going to have re-barreled to 300 H&H for PG. What a pain it was to find a magnum length bolt action in CRF under $5K in left hand in something I want to take to Africa. I'll post pics of that project in it's own thread shortly.
We're looking at the Limpopo area of South Africa for Aug 2024 and I'm looking forward to soaking up all the info I can about everyone's experiences, especially international flights with the rifles.
Welcome to the forum BC Tal. I used to travel to Victoria quite a bit when I lived in WA state--via the SS Coho ferry from Port Angeles? I can't quite remember now, since it was around 30 years ago! Anyway good luck on your hunting search and ask if you need any advice. This is the place for it!

Welcome, sure glad to have you here with us!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul 405

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.