Hello from SA

Welcome aboard Ngonyama. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted in the past, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Where in SA do you live?

I grew up cattle farming in the eastern cape .Hunted bushbuck and Kudu mostly, with rifle and compound bows.Sold off most of my guns years ago ,kicking myself up the arse now.Luckily kept my 357 colt python 8” and Brno .22 semi-auto .Bought myself a Zastava 375HH recently and starting to reload again for the big move to my new farm in the Karoo.It’s a big jump for me from 30-06 and 300win mag but I’m sure I’ll enjoy.

Zastava(s) have the reputation of being a good solid rifle. Your 375 H&H should serve you well. What kind of glass did you put on it? What size is your new farm? What will you be raising there?

Sure feels solid,old school which I like .I fitted a lynx 2.5-15x50 .It’s a bit of an overkill but was the best from what was available.Want to raise some Nguni cattle and sheep and gemsbok.The size is large enough

Those Lynx scopes seem to be pretty darned good. Unfortunately they are not available in the States. Several members from SA recommend them very highly. I like lower powered scopes for hunting but for longer shots and range work the grater magnification is helpful.

Welcome to AH Ngonyama!

Hello Ngonyama,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Ngonyama, welcome to the AH forum! You cannot go wrong with the 375 H&H.

Giday Ngonyama and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH !

Welcome @Ngonyama, hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH, Best hunting site going. The Eastern Cape is a wonderful place.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)