Hats on safari

My wife is a botanist and did a London diploma in making skin care creams. She makes a special one based upon kigelia, which is common, but hers has about four other ingredients, one of which is rare and damn expensive, I know I pay for it! Anyway it almost magically gets rid of skin cancer when it first starts, literally in days. No more liquid nitrogen for me.
Got a thread on that @Kevin Peacocke or pm me I’m interested in it.

My wife is a botanist and did a London diploma in making skin care creams. She makes a special one based upon kigelia, which is common, but hers has about four other ingredients, one of which is rare and damn expensive, I know I pay for it! Anyway it almost magically gets rid of skin cancer when it first starts, literally in days. No more liquid nitrogen for me.
Does she sale it? Would love to buy some

Send me one as well. Just had my upper lip carved up by my dermatologist (think I am going to have a permanent sneer which should fit my personality).

My older cousins in Southern Africa say there is a reason that 'rednecks come from the country that gave us baseball, those caps don't keep the sun off your neck!'

My younger cousins out there thought their dad's wide brimmed hats (Tilley, Akubra etc) weren't cool so they wore said baseball caps and some of them have had issues with the skin on their ears from historical sunburn

I guess if you wear a baseball cap use sunblock on your neck and ears!

I'm going to Zim in June and taking both. The Tilley has an optional chin strap so in thick over you won't lose it

Boonie hat for waterfowl, and used it in Namibia. Light, durable, never found it hot in the sun. Just the right brim width and angle for me to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Obviously I need hunter orange for deer hunting in Ontario. Ball cap or toque depending on temperature.
Orvis used to sell a pinch-front fedora-style with a waxed canvas brim and blaze orange crown. I don't believe that they catalog them anymore, but you might check for used or new old-stock.

Send me one as well. Just had my upper lip carved up by my dermatologist (think I am going to have a permanent sneer which should fit my personality).
Red Leg, that seems an unfairly harsh self-assessment. Accurate perhaps, but unfairly harsh nonetheless! :D

A good friend had some cancerous cells removed which resulted in a scar running from just below his eye to the corner of his lip. He's been trying to pass it off as a "dueling scar."

Alternatively, you could just grow a mustache to cover the lip, a-la Major General Clive Wynne-Candy....

MG Wynne_Candy.jpg

Red Leg, that seems an unfairly harsh self-assessment. Accurate perhaps, but unfairly harsh nonetheless! :D

A good friend had some cancerous cells removed which resulted in a scar running from just below his eye to the corner of his lip. He's been trying to pass it off as a "dueling scar."

Alternatively, you could just grow a mustache to cover the lip, a-la Major General Clive Wynne-Candy....

View attachment 605960
It is also a bit of a Joachim Phoenix look. I liked him better before he tried to portray Napoleon.

IF SHE HAS ANY LEFT MY SON AND I COULD BOTH USE SOME, PLEASE PM ME. PURA VIDA

Me as well Kevin.

Call me eccentric, but one of the reasons I go to Africa is to pay homage to tradition. Therefore, strictly no camo or ballcaps for me.

1715800920354.jpeg

The hat is a crushable unlined Borsalino, taupe color. I know, I know--but we're all "dudes" as safari clients. I say just embrace it and enjoy.

Here’s the type we looked up in the US Navy supply system, and ordered. They worked great while working in the sun. We wore UDT’s, boots and Pith helmets. Quite the fashion statement

I'M PRETTY SURE I'LL LOOK LIKE A "GOOBER" IN A PITH HELMET BUT I JUST ORDERED ONE ANYWAY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychicshakurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.