Has anyone tried

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
A compound bow rest to quickly hold their rifle. While glassing or otherwise needing both hands.
Instead of leaning the muzzle against your waist or gut.
I just threw one on my belt and it might just work.
IMG_2381.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it does work!

I would anticipate being beside the PH at that point.

It may not be worth the added width going thru the bush. May be easier to use a sling then quickly remove it when in action

I put it more behind me. That may work better

Last edited:
I would think you could modify a canteen belt holder so the butt stock would sit in it and the barrels could lean back into your shoulder being held by your bicep while glassing. Barrels would then be straight up. Seems there may have been some company doing something like that but not sure.

Not for me. I'm carrying my rifle slung except on final stalk. I don't want that contraption banging into my rifle ... or my arms while I'm walking.

I think I would rather sling mine than balance it. There is always a bush nearby with a secure lean position too.

A practical way is to tie a loop with a piece of string around your belt. When you want to glass, simply put the butt of the rifle on the ground and barrel/s through the loop. Rifle will lean away from you, allowing you to glass.

I imagine myself looking through the binoculars, and as such not being able to see what is happening with the gun. A small shift in body position and the gun falls out of the holder to the ground.

Flewis, Shotgunners use just such a pouch to sling the butt.

Damon, that is what concerns me also.

I like KMG’s suggestion.

Flewis, Shotgunners use just such a pouch to sling the butt.

Damon, that is what concerns me also.

I like KMG’s suggestion.
A loop of velcro attached to belt would be even better than string. Easy to wrap around the barrel while resting the butt against my foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carl.ts125

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.