Greetings from Northern Michigan

Welcome aboard 358Shooter. I shoot a 348 Winchester Model 71 that was built in 1936. I live between Detroit and Toledo but have a cabin and hunting property in Alcona County. Once that African Hunting Bug "bites" there is only one surefire cure. I've been a couple of times and am looking to go again.

Glad you're here. I'm from MN. From my username you can tell that I am fond of the hats you make up there in the UP. I own several.

Please feel free to fire away on questions you have about your upcoming trip. I have a total of one (1) safari under my belt, but I learned a great deal from the members on this forum. This group is very understanding of newcomers and willing to help with the most simple question. We all want everyone to have fun.

Hello all.

Been following along on this site for a while, hoping one day I will get to travel to Africa for a hunt. Well as long as the world is not on fire by Sept of 25, I'll be paying a visit.
Really enjoy all the information shared on here and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

Cheers!
358Shooter
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH!!

Glad you're here. I'm from MN. From my username you can tell that I am fond of the hats you make up there in the UP. I own several.

Please feel free to fire away on questions you have about your upcoming trip. I have a total of one (1) safari under my belt, but I learned a great deal from the members on this forum. This group is very understanding of newcomers and willing to help with the most simple question. We all want everyone to have fun.
Thank you, Stormy, happy to be here. Those hats are great, I have a couple of them. Helps having in-laws that live there.

As of right now, I am just doing a bunch of digging and reading. Trying to learn from what has already been posted, no sense in beginning a new thread when the answers are probably already out there. September of 25 is a ways off yet, but then again it will be here before I know it.

For what it is worth, doing a PG with the aim of adding a buff. For the PG, planning on bringing my Ham Slammer. A .358 Winchester preferably loaded with the 225 Woodleigh PP (if they have any in production by the time the trip gets here as I have less than 50 left). If not those, 225 Accubond or the 200gr TTSX. I'm sure the 200 Barnes would get the job done, I just really like the woodleighs and how they have performed . At the end of the day, as long as it is accurate and cleanly harvests what I'm after, that is all that matters.
For the Buff, a Win 70 in 416 Rem shooting the Woodleigh 400 or 450 RN.

Thanks again for saying hello.

.358Shooter

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place!

Welcome to AH

Wait a minute everyone......The UP should belong to Minnesota....

Except wolves are a legally managed species.

Hello all.

Been following along on this site for a while, hoping one day I will get to travel to Africa for a hunt. Well as long as the world is not on fire by Sept of 25, I'll be paying a visit.
Really enjoy all the information shared on here and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

Cheers!
358Shooter
Welcome to AH. I'm excited that you will be soon be going to Africa....if the world "isn't on fire". A crazy world it is for sure. Anyway, I wish you a wonderful adventure. I'm sure you will learn plenty of stuff here to get you ready for your hunt. All the best. Sue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)