Good Gun Deals This Week

I’ve posted many things as a courtesy to others on this thread. I don’t post if it creates a conflict. I don’t post things people ask me not to post. I don’t interfere in a known negotiation underway. I get asked for opinions on guns 10x a week on this forum via PM, on occasion, I state “I cannot provide any comment on a particular gun because I happen to know a deal is underway or otherwise”.

If you share a gun with me in confidence via PM, I don’t broadcast it on this venue.

That’s it.
You’ve always been more than helpful, and I’ve always appreciated it

If you share a gun with me in confidence via PM, I don’t broadcast it on this venue.

That’s it.

So did you share the gun with him with an NDA in place or did he share the gun with you and then post it in this thread? He also mentioned asking about a Jeffery, not this rifle.

You registered the public complaint so tell the whole story or stop complaining.

Rigby Highland Stalker 30-06 at a good price, $8900

Attachments

• Rare John Rigby Highland Stalker 30-06 cal “ Ultimate Mauser unfired” M48 for sale.pdf
    337.2 KB · Views: 42
Rigby Highland Stalker 30-06 at a good price, $8900
This rifle is $11,500 before tax and shipping as well as wait time on Rigby website. Good value

This rifle is $11,500 before tax and shipping as well as wait time on Rigby website. Good value
I would agree. My only complaint (a very small one) is the leather covered pad. On English guns, a leather pad is normally reserved for shotguns. The purpose is to insure the pad slides smoothly into the shoulder as the gun is raised and fired. Would be interesting to know if it was a special order request or was done after purchase. The work looks very professional.

Also, I do not see an upgraded stock. This one looks like the basic rifle stock (which is quite nice) and all have a hand rubbed oil finish and hand cut checkering.

But a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
It does NOT include the original case nor anything that normals comes with these rifles.

I would agree. My only complaint (a very small one) is the leather covered pad. On English guns, a leather pad is normally reserved for shotguns. The purpose is to insure the pad slides smoothly into the shoulder as the gun is raised and fired. Would be interesting to know if it was a special order request or was done after purchase. The work looks very professional.

Also, I do not see an upgraded stock. This one looks like the basic rifle stock (which is quite nice) and all have a hand rubbed oil finish and hand cut checkering.

But a very reasonable price.
I don’t see an upgraded stock either and may not come with original case etc. Buyer also needs to confirm LOP.

That Rigby has some scratches on the stock. One goes into the leather pad.

Attachments

• American Engravers, the 21st Century by C. Roger Biele, edited by S.P. Fjestad, one volume still.pdf
    159.4 KB · Views: 27
Hello gents, new to the forum and getting ready for my first Africa hunts starting this year. Looking for a Winchester Safari Express in 375 in good condition. Haven't had much luck on gunbroker. hope this is the right place to post - any advice appreciated! thanks

Hello gents, new to the forum and getting ready for my first Africa hunts starting this year. Looking for a Winchester Safari Express in 375 in good condition. Haven't had much luck on gunbroker. hope this is the right place to post - any advice appreciated! thanks
Excellent choice! That was my choice on my first hunt in Africa. At that point they were in stock at dealers;) if Buffalo or Elephant is in your future, don't be afraid to step up to a 416 Rem Mag if you have any better luck finding one although the recoil is noticeably more.

If you fail to find what you want, send a PM and I may have a couple 375's to sell. Just not the M70;)

Custom Pre-64 in 375 H&H
A lot of value here. Top notch stock work, upgraded bottom metal. Original barreled action. I am tempted to sell one of my RSM's to acquire this...but I won't.

Attachments

• Winchester Model 70 .375 H&H Mag, Pre 64 Custom AAA Fancy Walnut Stock WOW - Bolt Action Rifle...pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
Or look into buying this;)

Listed on Gunbroker today. Champlin import.
Screenshot_20240122-185101_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul 405

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.