For Sale Mauser 98 Bolt Action 9 x 57

Basque1

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life
FOR SALE
This is for a Pre-WWII Commercial 98 Mauser chambered in 9x57. Classic double-set trigger and butter knife bolt handle. The Krupp Stahl barrel is 23 -1/4” long. Shiller-style full length rib profile, ending in an integral front sight. There are two leaf sights. Front swivel on the barrel. The barrel profile is very light measuring .975 at the breach tapering to .580 at the muzzle. The bore shows strong rifling. The actions screws are regulated. There is tasteful line engraving on the action, bottom metal, bolt, cocking piece, and screws.
The metal is rust blued. The stock is carved from AAA grade Claro Walnut blank. I tried to get good pictures of the gorgeous light & dark stripping throughout the fore end and butt of this blank. It is expertly inlet and glass-bedded. The stock is sleek & graceful terminating into a Schnabel fore end. Pachmayr Decellerator recoil pad. The stock is finished with hand-rubbed oil. LOP is 13 5/8” from the front trigger.
The entire rifle weighs just 6 ¾ pounds, unloaded. The bore of the 9mm Mauser can be anywhere from .355 to .362. This one slugs to .358, so standard .35 caliber rifle bullets shot very well during the range test. She prints 1” groups 50 yards with my eyes and open sights.
This is a classic rifle, stocked in one of the prettiest pieces of walnut appropriate for the style. Buyer pays a flat actual shipping UPS charges shipping fee anywhere in the 48 US states plus insurance. I will not ship without insurance.
This rifle must go to an FFL dealer. This item is for sale locally, so it is subject to first come first serve. No returns are accepted, all sales are final, no warranties are stated herein or implied. READ ALL BEFORE PURCHASING!!!Priced to sell ! Model: 98
Extra- I have 50 rounds of freshly loaded ammo for this firearm that can sell, I also have the reloading dies. Price will be discussed if buyer is interested.

Price-$2999.00, OBO, not interested in trades thank you.
If you need to verify me, feel free to search me out in Guns International, Guns America, and Gun Broker. PM me for any other information that you need to know. I do not use Pay Pal (anti gunners) Venmo or Zelle. USPS money order via certified mail, will not ship until funds are received. DO NOT DO WELL WITH SCAMMERS SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY IT!! If you do not agree with the price, sorry, move on I will not get into a price bickering argument. Serial # provided upon request via PM.

IMG_1236-ED.JPG
IMG_1237-ED.JPG
IMG_1238-ED.JPG
IMG_1239-ED.jpg
IMG_1240-ED.JPG
IMG_1241.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG
IMG_1244-ED.JPG
IMG_1245.JPG
IMG_1245-ED.JPG
IMG_1246-ED.JPG
IMG_2628.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality gradient of the wood, that is what it means. Premium grade English walnut with approximately 75% figure in both sides of stock behind wrist.
yes I am aware. The confusion is on how this one was labeled AAA or by who lol.
Looks bland.

Good luck with the sale.

That is a nice and interesting rifle.

It is a great looking rifle. If I was shooting from the "other" shoulder, I would be very interested!

Thats a great rifle at a great price, tempting....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buyproductboxesuk

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.