For Sale Mark X .458 Magnum

MontanaGrant

Silver supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
Located in Montana. Not listed elsewhere.

It will ship usps priority insured. Payment is USPS MO preferred but will also accept zelle.

In my quest for a truly classically styled safari rifle I am offering up my Interarms Mark X chambered in .458 magnum. It is in good shape, what flaws it has I’ll list below and is shown in pictures:
Hairline crack at upper rear tang.
Previous owner must have dropped some solvent on the floor plate? With a couple tiny spots of finish wear.
And a few light dings on the buttstock.

It does have a beautiful comb on the stock.

In light of its flaws I am listing it at the I believe fair price of $1200 shipped west of the Mississippi and $1250 shipped east of the Mississippi.

I may be interested in trades both up and down, my tastes go to the classically styled rifles though I am wanting a Mauser M18 .270 with threaded barrel.

If anyone needs any more specific pictures please let me know.

IMG_9384.jpeg
IMG_9385.jpeg
IMG_9386.jpeg
IMG_9387.jpeg
IMG_9388.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the large number of scammers I am going to update: I have conducted two positive transactions with members here in my short time here who I am sure would be willing to reference me.

Likewise I can provide 200 total all positive zero negative feedback from 3 other forums I am quite active on.

Likewise for veteran AH members who can provide a couple references I am willing to ship them the rifle first to get an established reputation here.

I sold one like yours several years ago, before gun prices went crazy, for $800. Your gun is certainly worth more than that now. I'd recommend that you have that crack professionally repaired. That will help if you plan to shoot it or for future sales.

I had a .375 Mk X that had a similar crack, I fixed it by inletting a piece of #10 stainless screw bedded in epoxy from the inside with a Dremel. I DID have someone smarter than me holding me by my little hand and guiding me through the process, but it was incredibly simple and took about 15 minutes, not counting epoxy curing time.

458 Win Mag I assume? There are a couple 458 magnum variations floating around is why I ask.

I appreciate the tips. I've been planning on repairing it for sale but just haven't had an opportunity. I will try and get to it but figured for this price it had some wiggle room for someone to fix it and save a couple hundred.

And yes .458 win mag. I did not realize there was any other .458 magnums? I've heard of the .458 Lott and .458 American/.458X2" I'd just heard them termed magnum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMK

Latest profile posts

sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?
We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!