Finally, my Heym 89b, 577 NE

I'm trying to picture how small of a slice in the market the .577NE and 600NE consist of.
Dangerous game cartridges in general already seem to be on the decline, I imagine calibers .375 and up make up 1% of the total ammo market? 577/600 the top 1% of that?
It's hard to say, for me at least. Heym's 89 @ the time & VC made it somewhat semi-affordable to obtain a 577, idk .. I am looking forward to the other 89 owners awaiting to take delivery on theirs though.
I am shocked Buffalo Bore made it possible to obtain factory ammo & surprised it hasn't been banned in the US, yet.

1717115977889.png

You would think that a rifle that costs as much as a 89b does they would include a owners manual. If they do include a manual it will be for a 88b.

Lon

someone, in confidence was kind enough to share a 577/89. photo .. The wood appeared to be lacquered. Is this an option with Heym?

many thanks.

someone, in confidence was kind enough to share a 577/89. photo .. The wood appeared to be lacquered. Is this an option with Heym?

many thanks.
Heym has an optional high gloss finish or London best oil finish they call it. I have it on my 89b in 450-400

IMG_8249.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdbudo

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!
swashington wrote on 112Savage's profile.
May be interested in that LH Ruger in 375R. got any pics?