Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Namibia, Canada BC, US-Alabama, New Mexico, WY, CO and TX, Limpopo SA x 2
Found a few mounts that really impressed me at the show. The pigs from an outfitter in Hungary were giant.
IMG_3448.jpeg
IMG_3447.jpeg
IMG_3446.jpeg
IMG_3445.jpeg
IMG_3444.jpeg

The replicas are Amazing!

I am not sure on the size did not ask as the reps were busy. I would say 300 ish over 5 ft in length. We shoot a lot of pigs down here but these were really impressive. Poor man’s bear as some say..lol.

The company is Wild Instinct Hungary, I went by and spoke with them, those Boar were certainly impressive. I would guess closer to 500 lbs. I shot a boar in Argentina last year that they said was 300 and it was no where nearly as big as these!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you refer to as antelope are ibex, type of mountain goat.

I think what you refer to as antelope are ibex, type of mountain goat.

Yep, that would be it, forgive my ignorance. I once thought I had a good grasp of the animal kingdom, then I became interested in Africa and learned that I, in fact, did not.

The polar bear replicas are stunning!

That Hungary boar display is always a highlight. Kanati's booth is always amazing. They have a bunch of replica lions there too that you cannot tell are reproductions. Now they are shockingly expensive BUT where else are you going to get a polar bear or lion trophy that can't be imported from your hunt? Your other option is moving to Canada or Mexico. Good luck with that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cmwkwarrwn

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)