Favorite Countries

CarsonG

AH senior member
Reaction score
I’m trying to plan a plains hunt for next year. I’m shooting for the bigger game, especially Kudu, but besides that I’m very open. What’s everyone’s favorite countries? What outfitters do you recommend? Price would be appreciated but it’s not necessary. Thanks in advance, and thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to answer my previous questions.

For PG it would be a tracking hunt for eland in Botswana or Namibia.

For plains game focused hunt I’d recommend Namibia. Big properties and many low fence areas to hunt as well. For species I would go after the native species species Eland, Kudu, Gemsbok, blue wildebeest, Hartmann zebra, springbok, Hartebeest, warthog. A big Eland is one of the best trophies in Africa.

It depends what you are looking to do. If it is a collection of animals representing all of southern Africa regardless the actual region that is their native habitat, then a game farm in South Africa is probably the best choice. They will stock game from all over the continent. For the same cost you can hunt free range indigenous species as @375Fox suggests. Someone like Jamy Traut https://jamyhunts.com/ or @KHOMAS HIGHLAND HUNTING SAFARIS can put together a great first experience that would include indigenous Namibian game like kudu, eland, hartebeest, warthog, springbuck, and the Hartman Zebra which is a very special trophy. My son and I did the second option many years ago and it was the perfect introduction to hunting Africa.

Namibia gets my vote. Large fee-range properties are available. Often, these ranches are part of even larger conservancies. You’ll be “limited” to indigenous species, although it’s hard to say more than a dozen such species represents a limitation.

If kudu is your top choice I would give strong consideration to Botswana and Nkwe safaris near Ghanzi. They have the genetics. Read my report from last May and others who have reports. The kudu hunting is remarkable for free range and partially fenced properties. They also track eland the proper way on their fenced property. They are opening a new lodge that borders the Central Kalahari Game reserve that I will be at in May. I’m sure there will be some monster gemsbok and springbok shot there next year and along with the kudu - serious fun! His prices are very reasonable and as a sponsor here at AH references/ reports abound. I’ve been to Africa many times looking for big Kudu. Jaco Visser and his crew will give you a hunt to remember and that’s for sure.

I love Namibia and would start looking there. Have fun planning it!

We are a Namibian Hunting Outfitter. Welcome to contact us through email to discuss your African hunt.
info@leopardlegend.com

Dear CarsonG

We can offer plains game safaris in Namibia and South Africa.
Please contact us for more information.
Thank you

Carson, Ernest Dyason here
I’m an outfitter but n South Africa and Tanzania. For kudu I would recommend South Africa, please feel free to email me for info
Info@spearsafaris.com
Cheers
Ernest

I’m strictly a Tanzania man (if price is not an issue).

Otherwise, Namibia.

Hello CarsonG
We are located in the Kalahari desert in South Africa.
We have big areas and lots of game.
Most of our ranches are free range.
We have shot several 60 inch plus kudu here in the past.
Feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IgnacioPen

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.