English v German/Austrian gunmakers

Luckily for the posterity, the statistics I have are referred to the "Austrian" provinces in those times.
I took the date referred to:,
-Niederoesterreich
-Oberoesterreich
-Salzburg
-Steiermark
-Kaernten
-Tirol & Vorarlberg
The "Republik Oesterreich" of our days corresponds to those "Laender" (provinces), plus Burgenland (belonging to the Kingdom of Hungary at that time) minus the part of Tyrol that in 1919 was given to Italy.
Therefore, the comparison between data of 1906 and those of our days is possible with good approximation.

When comparing 1906 with recent statistics it should be noted that in 1906 iron sights were mostly (>90%) used. Shooting distances on game can be quite long in the Alps which made most game out of reach for the average hunter those days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul4422

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!