Website
www.youtube.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, Philippines, USA, South Africa
Just tested one of these cases on my trip to Alaska and loved it. Check it out.

Bowtruk Thumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pelican case v730. Not heavy, smaller than a typical rifle case. I prefer the hard sided cases with multiple locks.

I have a pelican case v730. Not heavy, smaller than a typical rifle case. I prefer the hard sided cases with multiple locks.

I too have used the Pelican Vault 700 series for bows. They are identical to regular pelican cases, but no lifetime warranty and they are made in Mexico rather than USA. For what they cost, I found them untouchable in durability. Not as much room as the OPs reviewed case, but strength is many times greater if that's what you need.

Quite similar to the Badlands Terraglide. Has the advantage of different sizes and specifically built to hold two bows. Terraglide has a multiyear history of successful use (See bow hunting websites for reviews). Either of these are far less likely to attract firearm case type attention around the airport than are the Pelican and SKB type cases.

Very interesting. I’m a little skeptical since it’s not a hard case. I also haven’t found a hard bow case that I just love.

Do you think it offers enough protection if it finds a taker on the bottom of the luggage pile?

Very interesting. I’m a little skeptical since it’s not a hard case. I also haven’t found a hard bow case that I just love.

Do you think it offers enough protection if it finds a taker on the bottom of the luggage pile?
Ya I feel if it's not in a hard case it'll get tossed around

No specific experience as yet. I did purchase a Terraglide for my upcoming South Africa trip. It will hold two Gearhead Disrupter 24 bows and associated equipment as well as a good amount of clothing etc. Looking at the many reviews of the Terraglide I have not found one that mentioned ever having a bow damaged by airline or other handling. I was not aware of the Easton Bowtruck last winter when I purchased my Terraglide. It looks quite similar and I probably would have investigated it had I known however in the end I suspect I would still have purchased the Terraglide based on it's many reports of good performance. On several previous trips I used a SKB hard case which certainly protected the contents but was awkward and attracted a fair amount of, for me, unwanted attention.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joniparker

Latest profile posts

Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)
Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.