Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
We all enjoyed the 11th annual AH dinner and get together at Gilleys! DSC this year was bittersweet as the convention leaves Texas for 5 years. It was good to catch up with old friends! See y’all in Nashville.

Regards
Philip

IMG_4400.jpeg
IMG_4393.jpeg
IMG_4387.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg
IMG_4374.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This year the two conventions are very close together time wise. Everyone I spoke to was staying. That’s not always the case

Most I know stay in the US and do the circuit (DSC, SCI, Harrisburg, and a few others)..they maximize their time, then head home sometime between Feb and March, and start prepping for the season..

I really enjoyed conversing with @Philip Glass at the AH dinner. For those who have only seen Philip on his videos, he is as welcoming and humble in person as he is on the videos. Philip sir I am proud to have met you!

Do most of the vendors, stay in the US until Nashville? Or fly back and forth

The Outfitter we hunted Tanzania with is heading to the Houston Show and then Nashville and home.

Last year I believe they went home in between and came back for SCI.... Very burdensome on them.

DSC is the only convention we attend.
We are on our way back to Namibia where we start the first safari for the 2024 season on 2 February 2024.

We all enjoyed the 11th annual AH dinner and get together at Gilleys! DSC this year was bittersweet as the convention leaves Texas for 5 years. It was good to catch up with old friends! See y’all in Nashville.

Regards
Philip

View attachment 580644View attachment 580645View attachment 580646View attachment 580647View attachment 580648
Great time at AH dinner. Nice speaking with you Philip and every one else too. For any hunter, there must be a collective knowledge of hundreds of years of experience of hunting to draw on at that dinner. It is a great resource to learn more and dive in to any specific topic you are trying to learn more about. Cheers

Always great to see you @phillip Glass and catch up. Good luck and good hunting, until next time!

John Ed

Many stay if it's not too long and go visit clients etc. Some take the time to go hunting!

I really enjoyed conversing with @Philip Glass at the AH dinner. For those who have only seen Philip on his videos, he is as welcoming and humble in person as he is on the videos. Philip sir I am proud to have met you!
Mark you are too Kind! It was a nice time.

Sorry we missed DSC this year, looks like everyone had a good time. See you in Nashville.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamapinto

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!