Distance to sight in an optic on a 22 rifle

Don't know about any specific chamber. Mine is a 52 B Sporter DOM 1995. Both Lapua and Eley engrave about 1/2 the bullet's front drive band into the leade upon chambering. I only shoot the sub-sonic (+/-) match ammo for serious shooting at p dogs or rock squirrels. For plinking- whatever is cheapest... regular hi velocity CCI Blazer proved to be one of the better 22 rf for accuracy vs price. During the height of the last couple of shortages, Remington bulk, IMO, has been about the worst! :) Even Win T22 that was used extensively for club shoots and youth program competitions has proven only slightly better than the cheapest on the market. A lot of the local competitive 22 rf shooters have settled on Eley Tenex. But at well over 20 per box, a little steep for me. The best compromise for my rifle has been either Lapua Multi Match or Eley Match Black box. Sometimes supply has been an issue.

Don't know about any specific chamber. Mine is a 52 B Sporter DOM 1995. Both Lapua and Eley engrave about 1/2 the bullet's front drive band into the leade upon chambering. I only shoot the sub-sonic (+/-) match ammo for serious shooting at p dogs or rock squirrels. For plinking- whatever is cheapest... regular hi velocity CCI Blazer proved to be one of the better 22 rf for accuracy vs price. During the height of the last couple of shortages, Remington bulk, IMO, has been about the worst! :) Even Win T22 that was used extensively for club shoots and youth program competitions has proven only slightly better than the cheapest on the market. A lot of the local competitive 22 rf shooters have settled on Eley Tenex. But at well over 20 per box, a little steep for me. The best compromise for my rifle has been either Lapua Multi Match or Eley Match Black box. Sometimes supply has been an issue.
Have been shooting CCI match out of my Bergara BMR. Was able to pick up a case of 5000 for 367.00 shipped. It will shoot a little better than MOA. It works well for practice off the sticks with my sons and wife.

Shooting comp with my Rim-X, it gets the diet of the good stuff. You are correct, good ammo for a 22lr is not cheap. I'm shooting comps with mine so it is worth the expense. Ironically enough, my chamber is cut with a modified 52 B. That chamber is better suited for Lapua ammo (sk match is made on the same machines).

Hey guys, what distance do y’all sight in Optics on y’all’s 22 rifles?

I am in the South East so usually an inch high at 100 yards is great for my deer rifles.

I was thinking 50 yards on several of my 22s I am adding optics to. If I use them for hunting it would be playing around rabbit hunting close to the house.
@Hookboy88
I've been shooting scoped 22s for years and have just started using the HAWKE Vantage 22 SUBSONIC SCOPE in my BRUNO 22. The reticle is illuminated and has individual cross hairs for 75,100,125,150,175 yards and the top of the bottom post is for 200.
Just put the crosshair in the target at the right distance and it's pretty well in the money. I sighted mine for the 50 and then held on the 100 crosshair in a fox head target and put 6 shots between its eyes in a less than 2 inch group

.Good clear optics and precise adjustment
Absolutely a whole new world. Sight in for 50 yards and you can shoot all the way to 200 yards. The pic of the reticle explains it. A couple of mates and I had a ball shooting clods of dirt at 200 on the weekend and they reckon it was fun.
I will never go back to a standard scope for my 22.
They are available for 22 SUBSONIC,22 LR,22mag and 17 hmr.
BOB
Screenshot_20240220-154844~2.png

Hey guys, what distance do y’all sight in Optics on y’all’s 22 rifles?

I am in the South East so usually an inch high at 100 yards is great for my deer rifles.

I was thinking 50 yards on several of my 22s I am adding optics to. If I use them for hunting it would be playing around rabbit hunting close to the house.
50 yards is the standard range to sight in a .22LR, it also keeps it simple for longer shots —- just “elevate”. I’ve tried to squeeze a .22LR out to 75 yrds by sighting them in “dead on” at that range but the “arch” inbetween caused me to miss head shots on squirrels etc.. There are many .22LR that will shoot 1” MOA at 100 yrds but the Arch in between is what creates problems shooting small game

If you zero at 50 m, you will be 1/4 inch low at 25 m and 2 1/2 inches low at 75 m. So thats how my 22 is zeroed. I suggest downloading an app that dods ballistic calculations like the hornady app. Then you can adjust the zero distance and see how it affect your up/down

If you zero at 50 m, you will be 1/4 inch low at 25 m and 2 1/2 inches low at 75 m. So thats how my 22 is zeroed. I suggest downloading an app that dods ballistic calculations like the hornady app. Then you can adjust the zero distance and see how it affect your up/down
@Nhoro
Before I switched to the HAWKE Vantage subsonic scope I use to sight my 22 with high velocity loads in to be one inch high at 50. This put them pretty well in at 25 , zero at 75 and around four inches low at 100. This way I could cover everything out to that range
Bob

I once asked my dad what distance his 22 was sighted in for.

His response "It's sighted in for some distance, just shoot the damn thing" But he can cut the stems off flowers just about every shot with it so i don't mess with it. That little gun is ridiculously accurate.

The height of the scope/rings/bases plays a role here with such short MPBR. I have friends that use those hollow bases that allow one to use a scope and iron sights. I really dislike those for a general rifle. They’re fine for shooting over bait at a known distance. I like 25 yard and then again near 50-55. I try to use low rings and a small bell or straight tube scope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWYJada061

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!