Deny Finch Hatton rifle

I was able to hold that rifle at H&H in London about 2006 or so. Great history and privileged to experience it.

IMG_5380.jpeg
IMG_5379.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news on this. A brief promotion video popped up in my YouTube feed about a scoped styer that hatton had received looked really interesting

I was able to hold that rifle at H&H in London about 2006 or so. Great history and privileged to experience it.

View attachment 574027View attachment 574028

Eesch! I can’t believe I missed that the rifle was given to Bror then passed on to Jock. I missed the Blixen handover completely. That rifle is simply the tops for a classic double in my books, and especially the finch hatton connection. It’s interesting that the rifle was rebarrled to 450. Sara Wheeler in her book incorrectly states it started life as a 450. No.2. I’d love to spend a few moments with that rifle. I was able to handle Tony Seth-Smiths Rigby 450 and what a special thing THAT was!

Eesch! I can’t believe I missed that the rifle was given to Bror then passed on to Jock. I missed the Blixen handover completely. That rifle is simply the tops for a classic double in my books, and especially the finch hatton connection. It’s interesting that the rifle was rebarrled to 450. Sara Wheeler in her book incorrectly states it started life as a 450. No.2. I’d love to spend a few moments with that rifle. I was able to handle Tony Seth-Smiths Rigby 450 and what a special thing THAT was!
Not familiar with Sara Wheeler. Which book?

Thanks

Attachments

• Mannlicher-Schoenauer M.1905 Rifle Attributed to Denys F. Hatton | Rock Island Auction.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Not familiar with Sara Wheeler. Which book?

Thanks

Too close to the Sun. Not a bad book, but she pulls too freely from other texts at times. Here is the section on the rifle. I have no idea where she got the info, as it’s not sourced and I thought I had read damn near everything about DFH.

IMG_2610.jpeg

Too close to the Sun. Not a bad book, but she pulls too freely from other texts at times. Here is the section on the rifle. I have no idea where she got the info, as it’s not sourced and I thought I had read damn near everything about DFH.

View attachment 581682
Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodiacvista

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone