BOTSWANA: Successful Safari In Botswana With NKWE SAFARIS

Kevin Billings

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
YUKON, NWT, BC, AK, BOTSWANA, RSA, NAMIBIA
Hello, for many years I have actively followed, and benefitted from, reviewing/reading the various hunting reports posted in this forum. Having recently returned from another successful hunting trip to Botswana, I felt it was time (yes, probably overdue) to share a hunting report with the other members/followers of this forum.

For the first ten days of July my wife (as a non-hunter) and I had a wonderful safari experience with @NKWE SAFARIS. Our guide and PH was the owner of NKWE Safaris, Jaco Viser. Quite simply Jaco is a hunter’s hunter. I found Jaco and his team (Tussie and Georggi) to have a very focused and knowledgeable (extremely knowledgeable) process to their hunting. Furthermore, to my benefit, they have a great appreciation for sharing the Kalahari Desert wilderness with those they are guiding.

For those of you who are familiar with NKWE Safaris, you know NKWE Safaris have exceptional free-range kudu and plains game hunting! When planning any hunting trip, I start by developing a simple matrix to list the pros and cons of the safari area(s) and the safari provider(s). For me free range wilderness hunting is a top priority, as-well-as, finding the best available professional hunter and safari operator. Fortunately, my research led me to: 1) Botswana’s Kalahari Desert region which provided a spectacular wilderness setting and 2) to NKWE Safaris which provided exceptional hunting opportunities. The quantity and quality of kudu was overwhelming. If a picture truly is worth a thousand words, then these pictures speak volumes to the hunting opportunities with NKWE Safaris.

The first kudu (pictures #1 & #2) is a 62 1/2 inch bull, and the second (slightly non-typical) kudu (pictures #3 & #4) is a 59 1/2 inch bull. In between hunting kudu, I also shot this 29 1/2 inch waterbuck (picture #5).

I found the experience so good that I have already rebooked for 2024.

Picture #1.jpg
Picture #2.jpg
Picture #3.jpg
Picture #4.jpg
Picture #5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on two tremendous kudu bulls and a great waterbuck. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

That’s unbelievable luck congratulations. Not even rut dates and still two 60” kudu. You wrote returned from another successful trip to Botswana. How many times have you hunted there?

That’s unbelievable luck congratulations. Not even rut dates and still two 60” kudu. You wrote returned from another successful trip to Botswana. How many times have you hunted there?
I previously hunted Botswana in 2018.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Thank you Kevin for the great report.

Congrats on your hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Sounds like a great hunt! Those are special kudu's.

Nkwe has a good operation. Nice Kudu. Congrats
Bruce

Hello, for many years I have actively followed, and benefitted from, reviewing/reading the various hunting reports posted in this forum. Having recently returned from another successful hunting trip to Botswana, I felt it was time (yes, probably overdue) to share a hunting report with the other members/followers of this forum.

For the first ten days of July my wife (as a non-hunter) and I had a wonderful safari experience with @NKWE SAFARIS. Our guide and PH was the owner of NKWE Safaris, Jaco Viser. Quite simply Jaco is a hunter’s hunter. I found Jaco and his team (Tussie and Georggi) to have a very focused and knowledgeable (extremely knowledgeable) process to their hunting. Furthermore, to my benefit, they have a great appreciation for sharing the Kalahari Desert wilderness with those they are guiding.

For those of you who are familiar with NKWE Safaris, you know NKWE Safaris have exceptional free-range kudu and plains game hunting! When planning any hunting trip, I start by developing a simple matrix to list the pros and cons of the safari area(s) and the safari provider(s). For me free range wilderness hunting is a top priority, as-well-as, finding the best available professional hunter and safari operator. Fortunately, my research led me to: 1) Botswana’s Kalahari Desert region which provided a spectacular wilderness setting and 2) to NKWE Safaris which provided exceptional hunting opportunities. The quantity and quality of kudu was overwhelming. If a picture truly is worth a thousand words, then these pictures speak volumes to the hunting opportunities with NKWE Safaris.

The first kudu (pictures #1 & #2) is a 62 1/2 inch bull, and the second (slightly non-typical) kudu (pictures #3 & #4) is a 59 1/2 inch bull. In between hunting kudu, I also shot this 29 1/2 inch waterbuck (picture #5).

I found the experience so good that I have already rebooked for 2024.

View attachment 574460View attachment 574461View attachment 574462View attachment 574463View attachment 574464
wow. truly exceptional kudu!!!!! congratulations!!! magnificent!!!

Great report. Heading there myself in June. Can’t wait.

What an amazing hunt!! Those are exceptional exceptional exceptional animals!! Congratulations!!!

Great report. Heading there myself in June. Can’t wait.
I hope you have a great trip. A friend and I will be there the end of May and first part of June.

Obviously, I know nothing of your plans or exceptions, but I would say to you and anyone hunting with NKWE Safaris, this is a place where you can hold out and look for that special trophy. In the first hour, on the first day of hunting, I also shot this nice 55 inch kudu bull. In the next hour we saw and pasted up two more kudu bulls that were in the 57 - 58 inch range. Be selective.

Picture 55 inch Kudu Bull.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin - I agree 100% with the great reports of NKWE, Jaco, and the entire staff. Our trip this past June was my first, a cull hunt, but my 3 hunt partners have hunted worldwide multiple times for decades. Not one disappointment. I still rave about Godfrey's culinary skills.

Congratulations. This has the wheels turning

I hope you have a great trip. A friend and I will be there the end of May and first part of June.

Obviously, I know nothing of your plans or exceptions, but I would say to you and anyone hunting with NKWE Safaris, this is a place where you can hold out and look for that special trophy. In the first hour, on the first day of hunting, I also shot this nice 55 inch kudu bull. In the next hour we saw and pasted up two more kudu bulls that were in the 57 - 58 inch range. Be selective.
That is pretty much the plan, my son is going as well. We are both budgeting two Kudu in the event a 60 incher or so presents itself after we have taken a 55 or so, but in the end I’m just looking forward to spending 10 days in the wilds of Botswana. We will be there June 5-14th, maybe will cross paths.

Awesome kudus Kevin.

My sons and I hunted end of June with Jaco. Great PH, outstanding trackers, awesome area, exceptional all around.

When you go don't forget to plan for an eland. View attachment 574978

Nice eland, Kevin and I are going to NKWE in late May 2024 for 8 days. My plan is to focus on eland and kudu second. Hope to get one like yours!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PedroGlado

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
Africas leading outdoor and hunting filming company!
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg