Boeing Aircraft

The irony of these kind of lawsuits that have ludicrous numbers involved, is that should they and the others succeed, and are awarded the full amounts, they will be some of the very few that can afford to continue to fly. Those dollars are part of the cost of doing business and must be recovered somewhere, somehow. Most commonly through increased cost of the product or service being sold. When a new airliner costs more, so do the tickets to sit in one.
I don't disagree that there is a problem with Boeing right now, Alaska Air had a huge maintenance failure, and those on that airplane went through a traumatic experience, but $1B?, not even close to reasonable. And no, I have no connection to Boeing or Alaska Air.

The irony of these kind of lawsuits that have ludicrous numbers involved, is that should they and the others succeed, and are awarded the full amounts, they will be some of the very few that can afford to continue to fly. Those dollars are part of the cost of doing business and must be recovered somewhere, somehow. Most commonly through increased cost of the product or service being sold. When a new airliner costs more, so do the tickets to sit in one.
I don't disagree that there is a problem with Boeing right now, Alaska Air had a huge maintenance failure, and those on that airplane went through a traumatic experience, but $1B?, not even close to reasonable. And no, I have no connection to Boeing or Alaska Air.
More than likely, the passengers that were close to that door blowout, could have been approached by an an ambulance chasing lawyer. Happens all the time
The lawyer flings a big number on the lawsuit knowing full well that it will probably settle at a very small fraction of that. Lawyer gets 50% of the settlement.

More than likely, the passengers that were close to that door blowout, could have been approached by an an ambulance chasing lawyer. Happens all the time
The lawyer flings a big number on the lawsuit knowing full well that it will probably settle at a very small fraction of that. Lawyer gets 50% of the settlement.

Not to quibble, but isn’t it typically 30%?

Complete utter bullsh.. and only allowed here in America.
What are they suing for?
Being alive?
Doubleplay, what do you feel is fair compensation? Nothing? A $400 voucher? Fact is that Boeing's 737 Max is killing people due to negligence on Boeings part. In the case of the first two crashes, it was determined they never did end-to-end test of the software to save money. ETE testing is a fundamental tenet of software development. Despite lots of internal discussions from engineers that the project was in danger of killing people through poor design and construction. The GA 787 plant has even more problems. The whistleblower just died under suspicious circumstances.

Now put your youngest child/grandchild in that seat beside the door that blew out and tell us honestly you think they should just be happy to walk away and Boeing gets a free ride.

No, these lawsuits serve a purpose. Boeing has known of the design and manufacturing deficiencies throughout the system for a few years now, and has taken no meaningful corrective action. The system is designed for the lawsuits to inflict sufficient pain that they wake up and do something. This isn't hot coffee being spilled by an idiot.

Not to quibble, but isn’t it typically 30%?
The other 20% is for the BIG GUY!

Seriously, I think it's 30% if settled and 50% if it goes to court or is appealed. YMMV.

Doubleplay, what do you feel is fair compensation? Nothing? A $400 voucher? Fact is that Boeing's 737 Max is killing people due to negligence on Boeings part. In the case of the first two crashes, it was determined they never did end-to-end test of the software to save money. ETE testing is a fundamental tenet of software development. Despite lots of internal discussions from engineers that the project was in danger of killing people through poor design and construction. The GA 787 plant has even more problems. The whistleblower just died under suspicious circumstances.

Now put your youngest child/grandchild in that seat beside the door that blew out and tell us honestly you think they should just be happy to walk away and Boeing gets a free ride.

No, these lawsuits serve a purpose. Boeing has known of the design and manufacturing deficiencies throughout the system for a few years now, and has taken no meaningful corrective action. The system is designed for the lawsuits to inflict sufficient pain that they wake up and do something. This isn't hot coffee being spilled by an idiot.
Agreed sue the crap out of them......

Reactions: MTA
I agree that Boeing needs to feel some pain. Large settlements tend to get the Board of Directors to pay attention. I also feel like the FAA has some culpability. I know that government is a poor provider of almost any service. They are insulated from the market forces that tend to ensure value. But the FAA has an important role in the safety of aircraft design and manufacturing. It’s one thing if the Department of Distributing Political Gifts screws up. It’s quite another when airplanes start falling out of the sky. I’m sure there will be studies, maybe even blue ribbon panels, and in the end, no civil servant will lose their job. Boeing execs deserve to do some time, but their civil service counterparts ought to be their cell mates.

I’m not talking about 737 Max crashes. What’s to sue in this particular case? There are emergencies happening everyday in aviation. It could have been an airbus. Our plane got a hydraulic failure one time and we had to an emergency landing. Should I sue?

I suspected as much

Screenshot_20240315-064539.png

1710513397283.png

too soon?

:)

I’m not talking about 737 Max crashes. What’s to sue in this particular case? There are emergencies happening everyday in aviation. It could have been an airbus. Our plane got a hydraulic failure one time and we had to an emergency landing. Should I sue?
Are you seriously equating the two?

A random non-life threatinging failed hydraulics is very different from a plane that continues to have predictable fatal consequences because of known and unaddressed systemic problems.

And in case you didn't know, Boeing is refusing to cooperate with NTSB regarding the door plug blow out claiming they cannot produce anyone or any paperwork related to the work.

I will charter a flight for you and you get to sit in the seat beside the plug as it blows out and you are not wearing a seat belt.

I travel every week and have for 40 years, have lived through dozens of aborted landings and takeoffs and 5000 ft plunges. Very different than a plane that the vendor knows is dangerous, refuses to fix and thinks have no culpability. So don't gaslight me.

It's a sad day for American industry. It used to be "Boeing or I'm not going." Now passengers and pilots are boycotting the 737 Max. Except for the your charter flight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul 405

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.
Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.