Barnes 400 grain hollow pt. .416 rigby

Hunt anything

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Does anyone have experience with factory loaded 416 Rigby hollow points? I’ve always been a little suspicious of hollow points when it comes to big game.

The performance of the TSX has been pretty well documented as positive.

Anecdotally I’ve used about 6 different factory loads using the TSX from 5.56 70gr to 470NE 500gr with excellent results on everything I ever hit with them. They perform very well when used on an appropriate target.

I killed the buffalo in my avatar, a sable ,and a waterbuck ,all with one shot with that load.

I killed 9 animals in Zim with factory Barnes tsx in my 375. I loaded a ton of them for practice as well and the factory loads duplicated accuracy to my hand loads in my gun. I wouldn’t consider the tsx to be a typical hollow point but a controlled expansion bullet.

Croc brain shot with a factory 300gr Barnes.

IMG_5352.jpeg

I've shot my most recent hippopotamus bull on land with a 300Gr Barnes TSX monolithic copper hollow point factory load, out of a .375 Holland & Holland Magnum. I was mighty impressed and look forward to using them more in the near future (in place of the solids which I used to exclusively prefer in the past for hunting hippopotamus on land).
IMG_1524.jpeg

I shoot the Barnes TSX 400gr and Woodleigh's at 450gr. out of my .416 Rigyb. They both perform exceptionally well. The TSX wouldn't be my first choice for elephant, but I wouldn't think twice about it in a pinch. They penetrate and expand flawlessly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BriannaBla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)