Any reviews on Mr X?

1:66 twiste@d

AH member
Reaction score
This is my first trip to SA. I don’t want to screw up and lose my rifle because the info on the permit wasn’t right. So it’s it better to pay for Mr X ?

It's been awhile since I carried firearms through Johannesburg, but he took good care of me with ingress, connecting flights and egress a couple times.

Last edited:
This is my first trip to SA. I don’t want to screw up and lose my rifle because the info on the permit wasn’t right. So it’s it better to pay for Mr X ?
Yes. And I trust you are using a quality travel agent that specializes in traveling hunters.

Been doing this a long time and the only two I know of and would trust managing guns internationally are Gracy Travel https://www.gracytravel.com/ and Travel Express https://www.travelexpressagency.com/ . I would never consider anyone else.
That’s good to know. I will look at them on my Cape Buffalo hunt in 2026. I read about a travel agent in I think maybe Wisconsin, but they never returned any of my calls. So I used my trusted travel agent, who does my other travels. I know this trip is insured heavy!

We are staying there for the first two nights to get rested up.
Gilbert and Africa Sky are excellent.
+1 for @TRAVEL EXPRESS.

2 nights may be unnecessary, it is probably easier to just get to your destination hunt and ease into the first day or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I went to South Africa in 2021, my third trip. I didn’t bring rifles that particular trip, however, Covid testing requirements were in full swing. Mr. X did assist in navigating these protocols and it was evident he had great relationships in and around JNB. I think it would be money well spent for the peace of mind it would bring on a first trip to RSA.

I can strongly recommend

Gracy Travel & Afton house, Afton house does a great job of handling all firearms related situations.

Lon

Rifle permits.com also will sort yourweapoms no problem
Mr X is excellent

Yes to Mr X and a good travel agent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markpapi100

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!