Hunted
RSA, Canada, USA, NZ
Finally back after a long wait!

IMG_0537.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0538.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

I think I need a bigger office…

That’s AWESOME!! You’ve got some cool trophies. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice! I haven't been brave enough to go with a full, life size mount.

Very nice! I haven't been brave enough to go with a full, life size mount.
Thanks.

Well, I think I’m done with big Fullmount for a while. I have a small cat that will be Lifesize. I have more space, I just need to repurpose it. I still have a Giraffe and a big Sable on ice that I need to sort out… my Croc was done flat skinned on a rug. I did a treatment on the skull that looks cool. I’m booking another buff hunt, adding hippo and roan plus some special PG and hopefully more tiny ten in June or July 2024. I’ll have everything from now on done in Africa. Bullseye will likely do the remainder of the work.

What a beast!

That’s an incredible animal.

Your taxidermist did great work!

Thanks. I’m having coffee, thinking about hanging all my recent Africa trophies from Bullseye.

My Taxidermist is a long time friend and hunting partner. We’re both Union Steamfitters, he’s worked for me when I was running pipeline jobs (he’s retired). We’ve hunted SA and traveled together. He ran in to some health troubles, and it took a few years to get sorted. So, I bought him a large chest freezer and my stuff sat for 7 years! But, he’s a dear friend so I waited… He’s got 4 more PG to do and a recent Elk!

Looks great. Can you add a photo or two with the Nyala? It is one of my favourite trophy’s.

That Nyala wasn’t necessarily on my list on that trip, but too nice to pass up. I’m a big advocate of being open to opportunities. Far too often people set out to hunt a 55” Kudu and pass up another nice quality trophy animal because they are hyper focused…

Very nice trophy. Beautiful horns’ shape. It seems the mount is installed on wheels. Fantastic idea.

Very nice trophy. Beautiful horns’ shape. It seems the mount is installed on wheels. Fantastic idea.
Thanks. Yes, all my fullmounts are on wheels. The base isn’t finished, I’ll change the base rock later, add grass, sand, etc... So I’ll keep rolling them around until I figure out where they’ll end up…

Bushbuck (in the background) on wheels:

IMG_0414.jpeg

Thanks. Yes, all my fullmounts are on wheels. The base isn’t finished, I’ll change the base rock later, add grass, sand, etc... So I’ll keep rolling them around until I figure out where they’ll end up…

Bushbuck (in the background) on wheels:

View attachment 576323

For a second I thought you had a full body mount wolf. Then wondered why a daschund had its foot propped up on it.

That’s Birdie, she is a Jagdterrier. Jagdterriers are serious about hunting and fear nothing.

IMG_0415.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

Birdie is still a pup…

Cool dog. I was thinking wire haired daschund from that angle. I guess the leg's a little long though.

I've seen videos of them hunting and yeah you can tell they're game. I remember one video where a couple of them were trying to help tame a wild hog. Not sure they're petite size was really helping control it but they were having fun. Not too popular in these parts. Someday I may find a breeder in the Dakota's and take a trip.

I had no clue what she was… My girlfriend’s relative breeds them for hunting. I learned about them after she brought her home. Brown is a color phase…

She can be a little stubborn… But, overall a sweetheart.

IMG_0388.jpeg

The color is probably part of what threw me. Usually they're black with brown trim.

Get used to the stubbornness of terriers. They'll let you think you got the better of them or that you backed them down to submission, but as soon as you turn your back they're back at it. It nearly got mine killed or seriously injured by my lab the first night I brought him home. But yeah, most are sweethearts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rock4365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!