poco

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Mexico, Canada,USA, Spain, Morocco
With me now taking a 270win , my mind is having a tug a war between taking 150gr Norma oryx or Barnes 130 ttsx ? Or maybe something else that folks have been successful with in factory load.
kudo and smaller game as I will have a 375 for heavys.
or will 150gr C&C like S&B , federal, Winchester, Remington work ( if it’s more accurate in this M70 pre64 featherweight)

I would take what your rifle shoots best. I used my outfitter’s rifle in 30-06. He had S&B 180gr SP ammo and it dropped everything I shot with it up to my Zebra. At home I use Norma Oryx and have had great results with 30cal 180’s and 35cal 250gr, on bears and whitetail deer.

Either of those should be fine
I like the 150 A frame in my 270 - worked excellent on everything including kudu.
I also loaded and used 150 partitions - same outcome.
I’m taking my 30-06 and 375 this July for another trip. Will be using 180 gr oryx in the 30-06, I haven’t used this bullet for hunting before but I’ll report on the oryx performance. From everything I’ve read it’s a great bullet.
The Barnes TSX are a great bullet and I’ve used that in 30-06 - solid choice for sure

I killed a lot of critters with Hornaday SST and ELD-X in my 270. Very accurate, affordable and usually available. If I was hunting something large, like an elk, 150 gr Swift A Frame is what I would use. Actually, for elk, I would use my 338 WM. :giggle:

I’ve had great success with 150 grain nosler partitions loaded by Federal. I have killed large mule deer, over 300 lbs without issue with that set up.

I have never taken my 270 to Africa but would not hesitate to use that setup on animals up to Kudu sized, with proper shot angle and placement.

For hunting deer and pigs here at home I use 130 interlocks by Hornady, they preform very good and are affordable and available.

Try the new Hornady CX 130 in the Superformance. You will be impressed.

I’ve taken a .270 win to africa twice. We used barnes 130 gr ttsx. It worked up to Eland (close shot) and giraffe (neck shot).

Get close and it will work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)