20,000 Elephants To Germany!

I wonder, has anyone done an estimate of how many elephants could be hunted if the same criteria used for managing other wildlife were used? I'm guessing that regulated hunting couldn't safely be done on a scale large enough to reduce the numbers as needed.
annual population growth of elephants is 5%.
Game management program would be probably more complicated then just to shoot that, but gives some idea of numbers.

Annual cites permits per country, are far less then that percentage, and will not address the problem of local elephant overpopulation properly.

For example, as per Botswana elephant management program:
population of elephants in 2013 (last hunting pre ban year): 156 401
Cites quota 400.
Same year, 16 elephants were removed as PAC elephants.

(against annual population growth 5% of 2013 census 156.401: 7820?
Also removing old bulls post breading age, does not effect overall population.

So, from this perspective, sending 20.000 eles, to Germany seams like good idea - for start. and after that, 10.000 annually, till reaching sustainable population numbers

:A Banana:

HWL, please understand I did not call German citizens racist. I merely stated that Botswana should use the leftists tactics. Everyone is a racist in their view.
Nothing wrong with your post....btw, I am waiting desirous for the 20000 elephants! I do have a .470 Capstick, a .450 Nitro Express, 3!!! .458 Win-Mag, a .404 Rimless and a .450/400 3".

HWL

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtumolo18

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!