Europe
Member of
DSC Life Member, International Member PHASA
Hunted
Several of the lower 48, Alaska, South Africa, Ireland, Argentina, Peru

Attachments

• 1969 Toyota FJ4 LL | Live and Online Auctions on HiBid.com.pdf
    290.2 KB · Views: 44
Had a 69 half cab bronco. Would love to have this one! I don’t know what it will bring in this economy. A few years ago this would go 40k easy.

I’m guessing $25 to $30. Looks solid but the aluminum corners are a dead giveaway to rust issues.

Attachments

• Toyota Land Cruiser Classic Cars for Sale - Classics on Autotrader.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
It has kick vents!

Later air filter which is a good thing and non original bucket seats which, unless you are a collector or 5' 4" tall, is also a good thing. Unfortunately, looks like they replaced the trooper seats with a bench which really cuts down on load. But yes, it looks like a really nice one.

@WAB I think your estimate is probably right for this area.

It also has the original cruise ship steering wheel (mine does as well) needed to turn the original one without power steering, much less with those oversize after markets. I couldn't count tie rods to see if power steering had been added and that after market bumper would also hide it.

I’m just finishing up a ground up rebuild on a ‘69. The one thing that caught me by surprise was the hydraulic 4WD shift system. Scared me a little but seems to work well. The 71 I rebuilt had a standard shift system.

I’m just finishing up a ground up rebuild on a ‘69. The one thing that caught me by surprise was the hydraulic 4WD shift system. Scared me a little but seems to work well. The 71 I rebuilt had a standard shift system.
Was that original? All the other 69's I have seen were three-speed.

Was that original? All the other 69's I have seen were three-speed.

It is 3 on the tree, which I am maintaining. It’s the transfer case shift that is unique on this rig. They were way ahead of their time. We contacted Cool Cruisers about it. They encouraged us to keep it original as the system is very reliable and uncommon.

It is 3 on the tree, which I am maintaining. It’s the transfer case shift that is unique on this rig. They were way ahead of their time. We contacted Cool Cruisers about it. They encouraged us to keep it original as the system is very reliable and uncommon.
Duh - 4WD - I read 4 speed. Yes mine has the same system with the pull out knob. All I can say is that it works.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwol1f

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)