Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, TSRA, SCI
Hunted
Namibia (3), Zimbabwe
I'm planning on a buffalo/elephant hunt in the extreme SE corner of Zimbabwe next December, with Threeways Safaris. Has anyone experience with the weather, in this part of the country during that time of the year? Any experiences with Threeways Safaris?

ikeda,

Weather will be hot and humid and there is a good chance you will get some good rain showers as well. With water everywhere the animals will also not be concentrated anymore around the rivers or water holes.

This year 2010/2011 the heavy rains came early last year 2009/2010 it came in late December you never know but whatever hapens hope for late rains or come earlier.

How hot? Does it rain all day every day, or or do the showers come and go?
My son is in the military and cannot get away until late December. Will it be a waste of time and should we put the hunt off until next year?

ikeda,

Unfortunately we have no power over the weather but hot will be over 100-110 with 80-100 percent humidity. The rain would be a pasing afternoon shower or could rain for most part of the day but the rain shouldnt stop the hunting what would discourage me would be the water having water everywhere means the animals will disperse over a very big area.

Best bet speak to the outfitter get the excat name of the area conssesion and ask for references of hunters who have hunted that time of the year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia